Wanted: 71 exhaust / tail light bracket

Started by rpage11, November 23, 2005, 04:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpage11

Hello poggers.  I'm looking for a 71 steel tank exhaust pipe and tail light bracket.  I have the tail light, just need the mounting bracket with license plate holder.  Any leads would be apprieciated.

Thanks and have a happy holiday,  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

DKWRACER

Hi Skip, welcome to Pogger's dream haven. Pretty sure the rear bracket is a CEV, and I think they were also used on HD Sprints, you might try a search on Ebay under Harley Davidson Sprint, and about the pipe? Well maybe something to add to our list for Kevin @ Circle F . Have a nice bird day. Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

rpage11

Your right it is CEV.  I'll try HD stuff, thanks for the lead.  I have heard of Circle F, I think I might be looking for a needle in a hay field, but thought I'd throw it out there.   I also read on past  discussions about Aircone in Nevada but I think he's been out of business for awhile now.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how the Harley search goes for bracket.  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

rpage11

Thanks Tom for helping with the tail light bracket.  One less part to complete my bike.

As my friend Lawrence says, "It's going to be sweeeet."

All the options and leads were very helpful.  That's what I like about reading everything on this site, everyone's very resourceful.

Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

DKWRACER

Skip, glad to be a part, it's for the Love of a Penton, send pics when done! Tom....
Thomas Brosius

six dazed

skip,did you find the taillite and bracket?do you have a part# and/or source and do they have any more.i was going to check vintage cosmo(cosmopoliton motors)as they seem to have a lot of cev parts.a point in the right direction would really help-i need to spend less time browsing and more time in the garage wrenching!thanks much and good luck on your 71(i now have 3 71's and am working on the getting the  4th one.)  see ya!, ric

ric emmal
ric emmal

rpage11

Ric
Tom found a bracket for me.  I haven't gotten the light delivered yet but one place I ran across while searching is http://guzzino.com/itac.html. They have a few CEV tail lights, but I don't have part numbers yet.

What I found with my search, that Tom started me on, was that most Italian bikes in the 60's and 70's used CEV.  The brackets I found were from the mid 70's and came off road bikes.  They had identical upper mounting arm and license plate bracket, but also came with turn signal mounting.  So I think you need to go farther back and also look for dirt bikes not road bikes with your search.

Once I get the parts and have numbers I'll get back to you.  Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

nsujeff

Hi Guys,
 I believe  top curved part of the bracket from the taillight to the fender is longer than on the Italian street models. Compare the length with a known correct part. The area mounted to the fender is very weak, had mine fly off at a Ride with Scott at the farm a couple of years ago. Someone repop them with  a little thicker guage metal?

Jeffrey P. Borer
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

Kip Kern

You can buy NOS 9313 taillights at Domiracer.  The brackets pop up now and then on "CEV" in EBAY.  I have purchased several in the past few years. CIAO

rpage11

There's a #9313 CEV tail light on ebay with 9 hrs time left.  No bids.  $49 plus shipping.
item number: 4592466105

Skip
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ