1970 SACHS DKW on EBAY.com.

Started by stiel, July 29, 2001, 12:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiel

I'm selling one of my 1970 SACHS DKW on EBAY.com. Bidding ends: Aug-04-01 20:51:55 PDT. Price Starts at $100.00. To bid on the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593789877

This 1970 DKW SACHS 125 cc Motocross Shifts Great!

The bike has been entertaining visitors while on display in the offices of our Scottsdale-based advertising agency for the past four years. We remodeled our offices, and my secretary said it had to go! The "Gold" and chrome gas tank is near perfect, with no nicks or scratches. The bike runs and shifts great.  Much to everyone's surprise, it usually starts on the first kick. The bike is almost completely stock, except that the exhaust comes off a SACHS Enduro model (runs quiet!), the rims are Akront aluminum, and the handlebars are after-market. It could become a show bike with some work, but does have some surface rust and funky drill holes on the fenders, and the black paint on the frame has been touched up over the years with cheap black spray paint. The engine has excellent compression and shifting. The bike is complete and with a kill-switch, ready to ride in vintage/AHRMA moto!
cross. This bike is extremely strong and fast for it's era. We drained the fuel, have kept it lubed, and always turned the engine over about once a month. If you collect the SACHS, DKW, or vintage motocross, or know a friend who does, you should give it consideration. The successful bidder will have to arrange shipment, although we will give every consideration to make the process hassle-free. Personal checks are welcome, but requires a 10 day waiting period.

We lost the pink slip years ago. There is no kill switch mounted on the bike, which will have to be added before vintage racing,

Terms of Sale: Bike is sold as is with out title. We lost it years ago. Please note that the passenger footpegs shown in the pictures are NOT included in the sale. The successful bidder will have to arrange shipment, although we will give every consideration to make the process hassle-free.

Dan Stiel
Dan Stiel