Miscellaneous items needed -'75 250

Started by Keithuu, December 26, 2005, 01:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithuu

Merry day after Christmas to all;

Now that Ive had a chance to "inventory" my newest prized possession[:p], I find I have a few needs and a couple of issues.

1. I could use a NOS or good, used brake light switch.

2. Since my swing arm came sans side stand bracket, I'm looking for suggestions for a sidestand. I suppose I could track down a servicable swing arm w/ bracket, but I think an aftermarket, bolt-on unit could work in a pinch. I've also heard rumors of a center stand possibly becoming available - any truth to it?

3. Re: trans oil capacity, my Penton manuals, in different spots, state "1 quart", "1000 cc", and "1200-1400cc". What's correct?
Also, unless someone knows why I shouldn't, I plan on using BelRay or Maxima 80w. 2 stroke trans fluid, same as I use in my KTM ring-dings.

4. As I'm installing an MZ-b ignition, I'd like a recommendation for a 12V. headlight bulb.

With a little help, I'm hoping to "git 'er done" in time for the annual meeting. There isn't that much to do, but I'd like to have it up and running before I show it off, not that it's gonna be concourse or anything!

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Keithuu
Keithuu

firstturn

Keithuu,
  I think Donny Smith has the brake light switch.  Good luck.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Keithuu, I fit a 6004[?] automotive type 12 v sealbeam headlight into my headlights bezelle or trim piece and then siliconed it in place.
I had to file out notches in the trim piece to obtain a good fit.
  I'm running the MZB also.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

John Ehrhart

You might want to put a full quart of ATF in there instead. The clutch action is better and there is a little less drag.
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson

firstturn

Keithuu,
  I think Donny Smith has the brake light switch.  Good luck.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Keithuu, I fit a 6004[?] automotive type 12 v sealbeam headlight into my headlights bezelle or trim piece and then siliconed it in place.
I had to file out notches in the trim piece to obtain a good fit.
  I'm running the MZB also.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

John Ehrhart

You might want to put a full quart of ATF in there instead. The clutch action is better and there is a little less drag.
\\"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.\\"
--Johnny Carson