Vintage Days

Started by Rocket, July 23, 2001, 04:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket

Look at the AMA website and you will find 2 of our members on the Sunday page for the MX.  I believe it to be Ted Landers and his son sitting at the line getting ready to race.
Rocket

tlanders

You are correct. My son Alex is on the Piner and I am on the Hare Scrambler next to him. I think I was asking the official next to me if he would let me have a couple minutes head start!!! How could you tell it was us with our space suits on?

We had the greatest time at Mid Ohio, primarily because of the Penton Owners Group. I made a decision in 1971 to buy what I thought was the best enduro bike on the planet, my steel tank Six Day. I sold my 200cc Bultaco Sherpa S to get it. Even though it was a 350 Bultaco that beat me in the 2nd moto at mid ohio (I beat him in the first moto on the Hare Scrambler), you guys have verified that I made the right decision to become part of the Penton family. All the work that John, Doug, Al, Dale, Dane, Kip, Dwight and too many more to mention, did to make us feel at home that weekend was fantastic!!!!

By the way, I convinced my wife that every 30 years you should buy a new motorcycle whether you need it or not. So I went down to my local Penton dealer a couple months ago, but he was fresh out. So I bought the next best thing, a 200EXC KTM. Anyone have a ladder?

Teddy

Mike Lenz

I have a good mid-ohio story. At the mx we parked next to this very nice family. Dad rode a Bultaco and Mom is definately thinking about trying it out. She kept talking about what she should get to race. Well I had ONE suggestion. During the day she spotted the POG desplay and mentioned how nice it was. I agreed and asked her where the Bultaco display was...knowing there wasnt one.Then that night we had our POG dinner and I later mentioned how good it was and that we even had dessert! I guess they went to the AHRMA dinner and had hot dogs and chips. The next thing she asked me sheepishly was "Does the penton owners group do this at all the races?" I told her no only most of them! She said maybe I should get a Penton. I didnt say anthing more. The next day Kip had invited us for breakfast. I told her that we were going to the POG breakfast. She said "They serve you breakfast too?" I of course said sure! She said "Ive got to get Penton!" Then at the riders meeting the were talking about the Penton race. I saw her standing there and went over to her and said,You notice Penton riders get an extra moto,didnt you? She looked at me funny and said , Ive got to get a Penton! Needless to say we may have a woman rider on a Penton soon at a race near you!! We out did everyone again and its getting noticed. Plus this year we were also noticed on the track. It was even mentioned at the trophy presentation how well the Pentons run!