Mikuni Carb on a 125 Sacks

Started by Mark Annan, July 26, 2001, 11:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Every Bing I have is completely worn out.  I am going to try a 28mm Mikuni (plain old VM round slide) on one of my 125 Sacks motors.  Any of you guys done it before?  What jetting are you running?  Any recommendations?  I am looking for some base line jetting to start with.

Thanks,  Mark

deek

Hi Mark
I used a 28mm, years ago. Actually ran better than the Bing. I still have it, but I'm not at home at the present. I can check the jet size and let you know, in a few days. It's going on my 125 shortley.

grandpaul

I had a '72 125 6-day with a 28mm Mikuni on it. It ran great. I can't even begin to recall the jet sizes, sorry.

GrandPaul,
Host of the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at //www.delphi.com/grandpaul
GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/grandpaul

Dave H.

What model carb? or better yet, what does it come off of??? I'd like to try this on me road racer(-:

deek

I'll be able to check out my Makuni by tomorrow, Mark, and post the jet size for you. Ran it in S. California on a 100cc. Dave H. , I'll get the model number to you. Sorry hear about the outcome ot the Spokane race. Will get with you later.

Mark Annan

The carb I have is a Plain Jane round slide VM series.  I don't recall just what it came of  (an ultra light aircraft I think)  You can still buy them from a number of sources.  You can contact Sudco //www.sudco.com for a dealer near you.  I think they go for about $125.

This is what the carb I have currently has:

002 main jet
35 pilot jet
169 0-4 needle jet
5F21 jet needle
1.5 needle valve

Mark

deek

It's a F21M, with a 180 jet, the needle is set on the 3rd slot from the top.

deek

Oops I goofed, the above post was the number off the carb. It's a VM28-116, I still had the box it came in. It was priced at $27.75, long time ago, and it's from Sudco Dist.