Snow Board Cross

Started by Mick Milakovic, February 16, 2006, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

I just saw a broadcast about the Olympics on Channel 1, a student-oriented program on closed circuit.  4 athletes on snowboards will be going as fast as they can to cross the finish line, handling, table tops, jumps and other obstacles.  First time ever at the Olympics.  Looked pretty cool! [8D]  Anybody ever seen this before?

Mick

Chakka

I saw that on the previews as well...it looks awesome. I am definitely going to watch

Chakka

tlanders

Rosemary and I watched it last night and it was exciting.

Teddy

tomale

I think I saw that last year as part of the extreme winter sports thing.... I thought it was very cool. were was that when I was alot younger.... As a kid I use to watch the down hill events... can't remember what they called it but two racers on a long down hill course. I skied once at Squaw valley on the course they used for the winter olymipic way back when and it tied me out just to make it to the bottom.. some one told me if I remember right that it was two miles long. Any way I use to think that was extreme... but I am sure that I did not use that particular word to describe it... more than likely it was Cool... no punn intended...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Rain Man

I'm surprised you didnt see someone pass them on a pair of skis, their going so, so slow :D
 Im not going to watch, I just had all 3 pairs of skis sharpened up.
 Im gonna go and jump over dem flat boarders, there so so slow :D

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Mick Milakovic

Did anybody but me ever have one of those things from the '70s called a "snurfer"?  It was just like one of these snowboards, only it had a rope tied onto the front and you stood up on it going downhill.  I tried telling my kids I was an early "snowboarder", but once again they think I'm just telling stories out of school! :D

Mick