Hiro Parts for Sale

Started by firstturn, February 15, 2006, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I have a New Old Stock bottom end for a 125 Hiro.  It is complete including the ignition system.  Does not include the cylinder, piston or head.  If you have a Hiro there are no spare internal parts that I am aware of...please correct me if this is not a true statement.  It is brand new and includes the shifter and kickstarter.  Price is $600.00.  Let me know before it goes back in the black hole.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Ron, I may be interested.  I am building a Hiro now for a customer but if a KTM cylinder or Sachs cylinder will fit, I make a Kiro or a Siro! (I won't try a Zundapp cylinder though)  Let me check the bore and stroke on my NOS Hiro engine and will get back to you!  This will be fun!:D

firstturn

Kip,
  That is funny because I was going to build a 100 out of this one, but I really have so little time to even finish my ongoing projects.  Let me know you and I can work a deal.  I will probably call you another subject today.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Jeff D

Unless he's sold it, Jim Letellier at Letko Competition Cycles (Kansas City, KS  913-334-2410) had a brand new complete Hiro engine on the shelf in the upstairs parts storage.  Jim is a long-time Penton-KTM dealer and rider.  Not sure if he'd be willing to part with it, though (I've never had reason to ask), but for the right restoration project (by right I mean in the best interest of preseving the Penton heritage and history) you might be able to talk to him.  Due to 1000 other commitments, I haven't darkened the shop door in several months, but I presume he still has the engine.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

firstturn

Jeff D,
  Thanks.  I probably saw that engine there 15 years ago, but I appreciate the heads up.

Kip,
  Thanks for the trade and I will be shipping to asap.........what project will you end up with no one knows[:p].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh