New to Penton forum

Started by Wilbur Neff, March 02, 2006, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilbur Neff

HELLO, New to forum, I've got 76 250 MC5 that I have owned for 20 years, trying to restore to ride and enjoy I live in Ky. can't find petcocks only thing wrong with them is the rubber diaphragm. Also need rebuild kit for Bing 54 carb. is there any sources out there for parts?

Steve Minor

Hi Wilbur...welcome to POG.

I believe Al has rebuild parts for petcocks and you can find all Bing parts on their web site. Here'e the contact information.

Alan Buehner
5818 Detroit Ave
Cleveland, OH 44102
Phone: 216-651-6559
Fax: 216-651-1620
http://www.pentonpartsusa.com/

Bing Carbs
http://www.bingcarburetor.com/

Steve
Steve Minor

Wilbur Neff

STEVE, Thanks for getting back to me that BING web site had some petcocks that looked alot like mine what I can read on mine is PAIO ITLAY, does anyone know what size threads are on 76 tank ?

tomale

Wilbur, first of all welcome to the best place on the web. Do your self a favor and call Al about the parts, they are very easy to rebuild and the old ones are much better than the ones built to fit our bikes. I have bought several of some new ones and they do not turn off and on very well, they tend to leak and the little levers that control the valve fall off. I have had to stick a screw in them to get them to work. They are fine if you are just going to restore it and not ride it but if you plan to ride the bike.... rebuild the old ones. Not to mention, it is alot cheaper that way...

I have not bought one from the bing dealer yet so I can not tell you anything about them specifically They maybe different, but I have bought several from other dealers and they were all the same and I have not had good luck with them.
The people at Bing have been very good and have been very helpful in sorting out a problem I had with one of my Carb's These are good people to deal with, I would have bought a petcock from them but I did not know about them until I had already bought replacements from someone else. Let me know if I can be of help:)

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Wilbur Neff

THANKS alot guys called Alan today kits on the way can't tell you how long I've looked for fix for petcocks and left bike unridden ready to get to work trying to get it up running.THANKS AGAIN