need: seat for 72' sixday

Started by tomale, March 09, 2006, 01:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

I just found out that the seat on my sixday is the wrong one. It is in pretty bad shape anyway so I need the right one. (cover is wasted and the seat base is aluminum and has been fixed several times and is broken again, No wonder it has been fixed so many times, it probably does not fit on the frame the right way....I am getting close to having all the parts to build this bike.:)

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

slvrbrdfxr

Thom,
If you don't need the seat you currently have, please email me a couple pics of it top and bottom. I might be interested in buying it if it's something I can repair and use. Thanks !
Dave McCullough
[email protected]

john durrill

Thom,
 Al had new ones last time we checked. We rebuild ours with fiberglass boat repair kits. We have been able to fix the stock glass ones that were 5 or more pieaces with the kits.
 John D.

tomale

Thanks everyone, I called Al a few days ago and he said he had one for the long/tall seats but not the one I needed.. I will repond to everyone else when I get back.... I leave this afternoon to go to the races and will be back sometime late on Saturday night.. The seat I have is aluminum and is in one piece but was craced on one side and repaired but not the other side is cracked... looks pretty beat up, The foam looks like it is in pretty good shape but the cover is dried up beyond use. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next few days. I will post when that it done.... Thanks again.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W