Spring....Keeping Track 2006

Started by firstturn, March 21, 2006, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Thanks to everyone that contributes to getting out the great issues of our Club Newsletter.  Ted and Reb thanks for the great articles and time spent filming for the history of the Penton Owners Group.  Thanks Al for all the coordination and for keeping everyone on schedule.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Big Mac

Still Keeping Track is well worth the POG membership fee on its own. Many thanks! I really liked Paul Danik's editorial about recording memories and today's racing road trips being fuel for tomorrow's nostalgic stories.

So how 'bout it Paul? Please share with us your photo album of the PentonLiner and the road trip out west for the '73 Trask Qualifier! Maybe under the photos section on the site?

I've run into old timers around here in Oregon (who've never heard of the POG site and haven't seen a Penton in 30+ years) and they'll tell of watching in awe as one of the "Penton boys" wrung out a Berkshire or Six Day through the woods at unbelievable speeds "with nothing more than one of them dinky Sachs motors." Has happened more than once.
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Paul Danik

Big Mac,

You made my day with your comments, thanks!  

I truely feel that what we are doing today will be the "good ol'e days" of tomorrow.  I lost my best friend and racing traveling partner a few years back and I really cherish the times that we spent together and the pictures that I have of those times. So I do speak of something that I have experianced.

As far as my pictures, I will have to show them to Bill and see if they are of enough quality to be scanned and used on the website.

Thanks also for the membership plug, just think of the joy that we all observe when a new person "discovers" the land of Penton thought this website, it should make each of you members proud that you have helped to sponsor something that brings back that youthful excitement to another Penton enthusiast. Membership forms can be downloaded from the homepage:D
Thanks
Paul

OhioTed

Speaking on behalf of Reb & I, our modest efforts are entirely with the intention of sharing as much as possible, the terrific friendship, enjoyment, and fun that is the heart of this group.  Hey Paul, Mac's suggestion sure sounds like a discussion you and I had recently.  We had better get on the stick!
                                        Ted