The official EP Mikuni jetting survey

Started by tooclose racing, April 23, 2010, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Hey Ernie - I went looking for an older post I remembered where you had put together some jetting info, taken a picture of it, and posted it here:

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/singleImage.do?pid=c060XSuUTqrrxPgwkZuYlTOlDXjmtGxpl*y5v4xQp5Fd3Ig%3D

Unfortunately, I never saved it to my own top secret "Penton Documents" folder and it has now disappeared.  Or has AOL.com disappeared? [8D]  Its' tough out there...

Could you post your jetting survey document again? This time I promise I'll save it.  Or e-mail me at [email protected]. I've taken possession of a 30mm Mikuni and may "play" with it a bit in my quest for...something. [8)]

Thank you Dr. Speed...

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tooclose racing

Thank you, Dale...that be it!  The resolution is kinda wierd, wonder if that is my browser settings..WAIT, copied to my own folder- I can see it just fine now.

And the link provides us access to Dr. Speed's photo archives.  Hmmm..no pictures of your 250 project(s), Ernie.  Come on...give us a peak.  [8)]

Ernie Phillips

Bob,

I'll email you the spreadsheet Monday from my office computer.  I think I made some additions.  If you have the large body 30 Mik, I think it will be a very tight fit.  I have a small body 28 if you want to try it.

250 Projects:  Not much to say - In stock trim the motor makes great power and gear selection is just too easy.  I'm not happy with rear suspension yet - still oversprung.  Or, it may be that I'm just not used to the extra weight of the 250 vs 100/125CMF.  Or, it could be that I've been sitting on my a$$ too much this winter and am so out of shape that my speed is just way too slow making me think that my suspension is stiff.  I want my 250 to handle like my '72 CMF.  Is that possible?

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

tooclose racing

Thanks in advance for the updated spreadsheet, Ernie.  This particular 30mm has a different style cap - came off of a later 70's bike.  It doesn't look that much larger, but this calibration is based purely on my not-so-eagle eye.  

Sad but true - this week will be the first week I pull my bikes out of storage and start fitting up the "new" stuff.  It was a long winter (to sit around and shop on the 'net...).  Cleated pegs, Later-model triples, Renthal Mini-Hi's, MSR controls, Carl Crank Guide, and a Lectron/Gasser are the latest set-up for the MC5.  The Six Day finally gets a pair of WPs.  Ka-ching.

Good luck on your suspension "trouble-shooting" - my lay-down MC5 suspension is still in evaluation stage by me. I've only motocrossed on it a couple times  - and I've have no woods/CC time on the bike.  The WPs I ordered up last year feel just a bit soft in full motocross pace on a rough course- but that might not be a bad thing once I go into the woods and playing Tree Pinball.  

Roberto

dennis foley

roberto, did you get the package ok.

tooclose racing

I did, Master Foley.  Apologize for not sending you a note sooner.

Thanks again...