Jackpiner Carbs?

Started by husky450cr, April 12, 2006, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky450cr

I have two 1972 Jackpiners...they are close to identical bikes, but one has a Bing Type 84 32/101 and the other a Bing 30/101.

Does anyone know if both these carbs came stock on Jackpiners in 72, or was one swapped out by a previous owner...

Thanks a ton for any information.

Shawn Warner AHRMA # 87 T
(2) 72 Jackpiners

Shawn Warner
Shawn Warner
(2) 1972 Penton 175 Jackpiners

Kip Kern

The 30mm Bing was the stock Bing.  They put an Amal on them also but we won't go there[xx(]

OUCWBOY

Kip,
That was the very best thing you could have said about the Amal carbs!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tlanders

I put a 34mm Mikuni on mine - makes it haul. I wish I could put a Lectron on it!!!!

Teddy

Lew Mayer

Teddy, what type Mikuni did you put on and how's the low end torque with it. I may change over in the future.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tlanders

I'm not sure what you mean by type? It was a hard conversion since the Mikuni is a spigot mount. I cut down the length of the intake manifold as short as I could and still the rubber air boot, which has to be cut down in length to make the opening bigger for the Mikuni, tries to get burned up by the pipe, had to put a hose clamp over it to keep it away. The conversion has made it through a number of cross countries last year and is holding up.

Teddy

Dwight Rudder

Only a Mikuni VM is legal .  Flatslide or smoothbores are not.
I think I would stick with a 30 or 32mm.  30mm Bing is stock and the bike is plenty fast on top.  Bigger carbs would hurt low end some.
IMO,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Lew Mayer

That's what I was thinking Dwight. I wouldn't go any bigger than a 32. It's mostly a thought for the future with the cost and difficulty in finding correct slides for the JP. I do have a new slide in I found last year at Mid-O.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer