crankshaft inner race puller

Started by chicagojerry, April 11, 2006, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hi all, i'm looking to buy a inner race puller for the crankshaft main bearings on early ktm motors. anyone have any leads on where i can get one?  [?]  thanks,    chijer

Kip Kern

The SACHS puller (will also work for KTM) tool is the same for all the inner races but the puller shells are different for each size bearing inner race, i.e. M-20, M-25, etc..  Last time I was at Jakes in P.A. he had some but of a little different type.  Al Buehner may have a few left over but not sure.  I have also found them on EBAY under snowmobile tools or under "SACHS". CIAO

chicagojerry

thanks, kip. i checked with al and he doesn't have them. i will keep looking and will purchase a sachs tool if i can find one. i could have the collars machined easy enough if i had a pattern such as the smaller diameter ones for the sachs bearings. thanks for the info.
jerry

Rain Man

Let me know when you find one chijer. I need one too !! The crank bearings  are just to delicate to succumb to caveman style  techniques :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

gooddirt

If you dont mind Chinese ,Harbor Freight Tools has a devise for the races.I dont know what they call it or the part number but its two blade like jaws that you crank down upon.You would set it up behind the races.

cuddywoo

Hello, Im new to the group but have a 72 six day I restored a 4-5 years ago. You can pull the outer races without a tool at least I did but the way I did it I ruined the race but as I see it the only reason you would want to pull them is to replace anyway. I also pulled the inner races without any special tools and since I reinstalled new bearings/races I have ran my 125 for several years with no problems. Email me if you want the details [email protected] .
Curtis

curtis
curtis

Dr.2Stroke

i have a original KTM puller with the two half shells for M 20 and M 25 bearings for sale. i could also sale only the two half shells spearately if there are interests. its all KTM original tools! my email is: [email protected]