68 Penton Parts

Started by Mark Annan, September 01, 2001, 04:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Jeff,  What kind of parts are you looking for?  In my scrounging around in every place I can think of for Penton parts I have recently uncovered a couple of stashes of parts.  The owners of these parts are asking quite a lot for them, or not wanting to sell them at all.  However I think if I have a specific part to look for I may be able to pry them loose from their dungeons.  A few of the parts I did see:  A very nice looking early square airbox cover (but not the whole box), a NOS steel tanker swingarm,  a couple of later gas tanks, some hub's, spokes and miscellaneous small engine parts.  Anybody have any idea what some of this stuff is worth?  Most of it is nice condition.

Kip Kern

The cast air box (two styles), shocks, chainguard,rear hub, tank (w/screw off cap) are pretty well priceless!

I would be interested in a rear shock for the 68 especially the chrome cover for one.  These are different from the 69-71 shocks.

Thanks  Kip

nsujeff

Hi Mark,
I'd be interested in the air box part if the price isn't too dear! Any early chainguards?
Thanks, Jeff in Amherst,Ohio -Home of the Penton!-
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

OUCWBOY

Mark, I'll take a set of stuffed cases and a GS cylinder and head.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mike Lenz

I may be interested in the air box cover even if the price is quite dear. I have the cast box but no cover.

Mark Annan

I'll let you guys know what, if anything, I can get these guys to part with.  I may be a couple of weeks before I hit them up again.

Mark