Wanted- Red wire Motophat -ingition coil

Started by jon, May 05, 2006, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon

Hi- I need a red spark plug wire motophat ingition coil for my 1979 KTM 420 that mounts under the gas tank. Black wire coil won't work doesn't have diode build it, I learned the hard way. Any help would be great, same a many Husqvarna's. Thanks frog

tdthigpen

Jon I have one you can have for shipping sent me a note at [email protected]
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

Merlin

.........contact Dane at Penton Imports(look on the supplier link),they have a PVL coil listed as a Motoplat replacement.................
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Rain Man

Merlin, do you know if there is a replacement coil for the black wire (secondary) with the red ignition coils ??  I need one
Thanks

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

Raymond, I believe Dane has said a red wire coil will work for a black wire coil but not vice versa.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Rain Man

Thanks Lew, I should make a point to document more  of this stuff down on paper, Its hard to commit everything to memory, especially if its of a technical nature.  My black secondary coil supplies dried up... but I got a few red ones around here...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

Today, I found a red coil with a red wire in my pile, and after trying 3 other coils on my "Brandy new 1973 completely,  refurbished 175 jack Pinerm,,,
Some Beach, I obtained sprark !

Just another hurdle,

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

G Ellis

Raymond, If you need a black wire coil, I have a new one I am not going to use. Later Gary

Rain Man

Thanks Gary I appreciate your offer, Another Pogger is already shipping me one.:)
  I was just so glad to see spark !!  The motoplat was purchased in 1979, installed on the bike, and still it wouldn't run. So this was a brand new motoplat, never used for 26 years.  Kinda frustrating.. seeing I bought the bike knowing this (twice now)and  have roughly 2 Gees in it and no spark :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

jon

Raymond- do you have a red-wire coil for sale. I'm still looking to get some spark.Thanks Frog