shocks for a six day

Started by k4uu, May 14, 2006, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k4uu

My restoration project of a 1973 Six Day has run into a snag.  It came with Koni shocks.  Koni no longer does motorcycle shocks.  I either need to find someone to rebuild the ones I have or find replacements.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have been out of the motorcycle world for many years and don't have alot of resource.

Thanks,
Gary Hext
[email protected]
Gary Hext

firstturn

Gary,
  You might try the search option in the upper right hand corner and put in the subject that you are looking for and see information that has already been discussed.  Click on this to see a previous discussion;

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4953&SearchTerms=six,day,shocks

I suggest you call Al Buehner (see suppliers) and buy some of the shocks he offers.  Your Koni shocks are very desirable if they are in good enough condition to be rebuilt.  I would save them until you find someone to rebuild them and in the mean time have new shocks on your bikes at a resonable price.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

Gary,

Ikon picked up the Koni line, but do not have the shock you are looking for, however they will build you a set that will come close.  The fee is pricy, aronnd $400.00 when I checked with them in Feb.

Tony
Tony

chuck

Gary,
Progressive makes a shock that looks somewhat Vintage for $250. I put a set on my 72 Six Day and they work well if you're going to do some racing. If you're not going to race, Speed and Sport has a less expensive shock that has an old school look.

good luck,
chuck
72 125 Six Days
72 100 Berkshire
74 250 Hare Scrambles
72 Wassel