Cross Country classes

Started by Mick Milakovic, May 30, 2006, 08:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi all, I've got a couple of AHRMA questions:
1.  Since AHRMA now takes pre-entry for cross country races, are they charging double on the day of the event?
2.  How does one run two separate classes in a cross country?  Do you just pay for the extra class and they score you twice, or is that allowed?

Thanks in advance, Mick.

Mick

Dave Withrow

Mick,
   As I understand it, there is no penalty for entering the day of the event.  With Teddy's new system it just makes it easier to get things lined up if you pre-enter.  As far as running 2 classes, I assume you mean 2 separate classes on the same bike i.e. PV Open and an age class on the same bike during one race.  I'm not sure that it can be done.  I don't know why it couldn't, but I've never seen anyone do it.  If you're asking about a Vintage entry and a PV entry, there's no problem.  Teddy does it all the time.  Hope this clears up your question.  See ya at Casey!

Dave

Dennis Jones

Mick, Dave has it right (any one as big as Dave is always right) no penalty or discount for pre-entry. You can not enter more than one class per race but at events where they run vintage and PV seprate you can enter and ride both by paying an entry fee for both. See you guys at Casey.
Rumor has it we will see a new trials rider on a Penton.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mick Milakovic

Thanks Dave and Dennis, that clears it up!  Speaking of big as Dave, I hear you're working on a 125 to race?  Your'e going to look like Rik Smits on his 490!  Will your knees fit under the bars [:0]

Mick

tlanders

Mick

Two years ago, you could sign up for two classes in one cross country race. Pay twice, race once, get points for two races. That is no longer allowed. You can only enter one class for each cross country race. However, there are now two cross country races scheduled for each cross country event and they run consecutively, first the vintage race and then the PV race. So you can run two one hour races entering one class each time.

Needless to say, if you have one bike, if it is a vintage bike, you can run it in both races. In the correct class for the vintage race, and then in the Historic class for the PV race. I did this all last year with my 1974 Piner. I ran the Sportsman 200 and Historic 200 classes in the Vintage and PV races respectively with one bike.

There are no late entry fees, Dave's answer is correct. I hope you make it, Casey is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Teddy

Mick Milakovic

Hey Teddy, thanks for the info.  BTW, Do you still have that Husky seat you picked up last year?  I could pick it up at Casey if you're going.

Mick

tlanders

Wow, I forgot about it. I will try to remember to bring it. Would you email me to remind me?

Teddy