missing pet cock

Started by imported_n/a, June 07, 2006, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

POG, the right hand side fuel cock is missing from the tank on my 74 Six Day project and is neatly capped off with a brass fitting. What are the advantages of have the 2 pet cocks, if any? I realize 2 likely keep the fuel flowing better and also aid in emptying the tank more evenly. I guess my question is, do I need 2 or will 1 suffice? It appears that the fuel will flow around from side to side o.k. on the bottom, seat end of the tank. The other reason I ask is there's a small chip/crack issue around the area that's capped off and I'm thinking that could be the reason it was set up that way by the previous owner?? Thanks,

Chris H.

firstturn

Chris,
  On a 125 one Petcock will give enough flow as long as the cap has proper ventalation.  As far as the crack...it could have been caused by a crash on that side or for other reasons.  I have tanks with no damage anywhere else, but the have cracks around the metal attachment for the petcock.  I have seen this with fiberglass over the years working on boats and Corrvettes.  No problem if it doesn't leak.  The petcocks show up on ebay.  Actually there two on there right now #4647688035  

I hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

imported_n/a

Thanks Ron as always! I saw those petcocks on ebay and that's what sort of prompted the question. Project is coming right along but slow now during the summer. I'll post some pictures here as soon as I can get my wife to show me how with this high fangled digital camera!