Its a Miracle!

Started by DinoM, September 05, 2001, 11:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoM

Last weekend while working on my Ossa Stiletto, I was interupted by the phone with a guy on the other end asking if I knew anyone who would be interested in purchasing an old Penton mx'er. "What year?" I asked. The nice fellow on the other end said he didn't know but it had a chrome tank and a small seat. With considerable haste, I jumped in the Acura a sped away into the country side with visions of a dusty bike being pulled from an old barn, perhaps it was a good part bike for a Wassell project I had always meant to get to. Upon arriving, there it was...a perfectly prestine, titled, '74 Penton Wassell 125/6B with new tires, undented tank, untattered seat with gleaming alloy fenders, all the stickers in place, totally original! I tried to remain calm as best I could. Paying very little for the bike (it would make grown men cry if I told you) I now have it parked next to my '71 DKW 125. I'm hoping they'll breed. I'll take a picture and send it into the POG newsletter. I've wanted a Penton since 1971 and 30 yrs later, one is handed to me!

Dino Medina
also ownes a, '71 DKW125; '74 Penton/Wassell 125; '73 Cota 123; '76 Cota 348; '73 CZ 125; '75 CZ 250 Falta; '75 400 Falta; '70 Ossa 250 Stiletto; and a '77 JAWA 350 ISDT

Mike Lenz

Not fair, never happened to me!

Dean531

Dino, go ahead, make us cry. how much?

OUCWBOY

Now this is the 2nd time I've heard of super good deals. I must not be living right! I find what seems like it could be a deal and then I run into the James Gang, only they used guns to rob people. Send some of that good luck out to CA.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Dennis Jones

Congratulations on the Wassell! If you would like some copys of articles and history of the Wassell send me an E mail.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

DinoM

Dennis, I would love to know more about the Wassell frame and how John Penton came to choose this frame manufacturer. Any articles would be appreciated. My home e-mail address is: ([email protected])
Thanks, Dino Medina