'75 250 For Sale

Started by Keithuu, July 17, 2006, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithuu

For very personal reasons upon which I do not care to elaborate but which have nothing to do with the object of this offer, I am selling my recently completed and wonderfully functional 1975 Penton 250.

Pictures can be viewed by searching for "Birth Announcement" by Keithuu, originally posted on 3-13-06. More pictures are available if needed.

While I won't take up a lot of space with details in this forum, I will say that the bike has a professionally rebuilt motor (non-number matching 1974) with fewer than 3 hours on it, recently installed MZ-b ignition system, new wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, blah, blah, blah, along with numerous new and used spares. Has a street legal Michigan title and license.

Contact me off-line if you'd like more info. I'm just outside of Detroit and don't mind assisting in delivery within a reasonable distance. The price will be negotiable but I'll tell all right now - it isn't going to be cheap, cheap being a relative term, of course.

I'd really like to see this sweet bike stay within this fine group but I can't give it away, either. I've watched some of the vintage bike sales on eBay and elsewhere and while I believe this bike will bring a decent price, it'll likely not come close to what I have in it.

Keithuu

7-19-06
Well, I see that a lot of folks have read my offering and quite a few have checked out the pics I posted. I've even had a few inquiries. However, it doesn't look like there's gonna be any takers within POG so I guess I'll have to go the eBay route in the next day or so. Thanks to all for the interest:)
Keithuu

maicobuddy

Hi Keith,
Can you email me some photos of the 250 & a price? my email address is [email protected] ..Thanks, Buddy[8D]

rob w

Hi Keith,

Dog-gone-it, I'm really sorry to hear you need to sell your bike. I think I know how much of yourself you put into it, and how proud you were of the outcome. (you should be) The quality of your work certainly shows, you did a beautiful job.
I certainly wish the very best to you, and yours, and hope you get through this ill-fortune quickly.
You know where to find me if ever you're looking for a trail riding buddy.
Best of luck,
Bob Wardlow

454MRW

Keith,
I am also very sorry to see that you are parting with you very nice Penton, and I would like to offer my services to any other POG member that is between Detroit and central Illinois, as I will be picking up a custom motorcycle trailer in Montrose MI. around August 11th if you are considering buying Keiths bike but don't have a way of getting it home before then. I will then be travelling back down to Houston TX from central IL. to pick up my other bikes from Kevin at Circle F exhaust, so delivery any where along that route is possible for very little expense. I also have room for transporting a couple more bikes or parts from central IL. to Mid-Ohio next week and will be setting up in space # 174 by Dave McCullough. If interested email me at [email protected] or call (618)-793-2200
Good luck Keith, I would buy it if I could afford to. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Keithuu

Thanks to Rob and Mike for the kind words and generous offer. It is indeed difficult to part with the bike, even tho' we haven't "known" each other that long.

What is truly amazing is how little value folks seem to place on these milestone motorcycles. I watch the vintage game pretty closely and I am constantly surprised at how many people are willing to pay $5,000 to $6,000 for restored Bultacos and Huskys, for example. Without taking anything away from either of those fine marques, and accepting the fact that some of these (not all!) are concours quality restorations, the apparent disparity in value between them and our favored brand is difficult to accept [?]

Rest assured that I will not give the bike away nor will I resort to the economic-driven savagery of parting the thing out. Hells bells, I might just wind up keeping the thing [8D] Could be worse, eh?

Keithuu
Keithuu

454MRW

Keith,
If your bike doesn't bring enough $, I would like to at least see it in person when I get up in your area to pick up my trailer sometime around August 11th if it would be convenient for you. Mike [email protected]

Michael R. Winter
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Keithuu

It would certainly be convenient, Mike. Contact me off -site later on and we can hook up[:p]

Keithuu
Keithuu

pdserra56

Sorry for the delay, but is the bike still available?
Thanks, Paolo from DC

Keithuu

Theoretically, the bike is sold, but until my pockets are filled with dinero, the deal ain't done. I'll advise if the program goes south[^]

Keithuu
Keithuu