VMD?

Started by TGTech, July 30, 2006, 11:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGTech

Well, how did things go? Did any of the Penton riders take home first places from the motocross?

Dane

Paul Danik

Dane,

The racers will give you the race report, but there is another bit of news that you will enjoy.  Danny Young came to the event and he had the biggest smile I saw all weekend.  He saw the bikes lined up in the display and he had to sit on one, first time in about 30 years that he sat on a Penton!  Danny is still the great guy that he always was and I am sure that we have not seen the last of him.  JP called Jack on Sat. evening and Danny got a chance to talk with Jack, that was pretty neat.

The whole event was awesome, I hope that they get their schedule back to "normal" for next year so you can attend.
Paul

Jeff D

Hey Paul, did you talk up the Reunion Ride with Dan-O?  Hopefully VMD will give him a taste of the past that he needs more of...just like the rest of us vintage addicts!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Paul Danik

Jeff,

I did tell Dan about the reunion ride and we will keep after him.

Paul

rob w

Dane, and all.

You want to talk about rock'n the house. Another dominating and stellar performance was delivered by Kent Knudsen's masterful machinery, and Adam Giddings' magical riding.  
 The competition was rendered defenseless - it was beautiful. They're so very good at what they do, it was a joy to experience, and one of the highlights of the weekend for me.

Congratulations to Adam and Kent, and to everyone in that camp that helped them. Thanks very much for making the racing scene so exciting.

Bob Wardlow

Kid Six Day

VMD Was Great!!!

I got their early on Friday. I had been saving up mowing lawns all summer to buy a vintage penton/ktm (wishing for a '72 Jackpiner) I got their and the first bike I see in the parking lot is a 250 mc5 (sounded great) I got real excited. So I got in and started looking and in about one hour I saw it a '73 six day !!! I looked at it and asked the guy some questions. It was mostly complete only missing a few things (throttel,right footpeg, chain, fenders, tank strap) not too bad! carb was off and the guy said he was going to restore it but didn't get far he said it had compression and spark. So it was looking pretty good but also a littel out of my price range. Asked the guy And I gave him an offer and he agreed!!!!!!!!!(life is so good) ((first bike and its a penton)) Couldn't even push it to the car without geting complements!loaded it in the van and went right to the POG tent and signed up and got a tee-shirt (love the newsletters) The whole day I couldn't stop smiling :D:D

Any way just sat and looked at it all weekend. Started to work on it today (monday) just did a few things, worked on the brakes added oil ect. And I started to get curious if it would run. So I threw the carb on and primed it kicked it MABEY three times and RATTTAATAAAtATATTTAATTATBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... Love the smoke:D:D:D:D Great sound too now I'm going to start working on it It shouldn't take much but some cleaning a handful of parts and some TLC. Can't wait to ride it!!![8D](life is good)

'73 Penton Six Day 125:)
Alex Klein
Columbus,OH
\\\'73 Penton Six Day 125

Dennis Jones

Congratulations Terry ;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Knute

Hey Dane,

Good to hear from you.  We missed having you and Jack down in the pits.  Doug came down and hung out with us so that was fun.

I don't know if you remember but I promised Adam a ride on one of the big bikes if he did good on the 125 last year.  So this year Gary handed the 250 over to Adam and played crew chief for the weekend.  After a first turn, first moto pile up that banged Adam up pretty bad and bent the forks on the 250, Adam went on to win his other 7 moto's.  Adam's results were as follows:

Classic 125 Expert    1-1
Sportsman 125 Expert  1-1
Sportsman 250 Expert 16-1
Open Age Expert       1-1

Bob, thanks for the kind words.  For those who weren't there, Bob did very well in Sportsman 500 Intermediate, which had a huge lineup of riders.  There were also many other Penton riders present so maybe some of them will post their results as well.

Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

tlanders

I got a first place in the "Most enjoyable start to watch" category!!! Ended up third out of 12 for the day, and third on Sunday also. Not a great showing, but Rosemary and I had a most wonderful weekend and we LOVED the POG meeting. I love my Pentons, they are awesome and so much better than I am.

Teddy