Mid Ohio Scores

Started by John E, August 04, 2006, 09:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John E

Okay, I don't think anyone else is looking.
You can tell us!
What rare and exotic goodies did you have to hide from/explain away to the wife that weren't in the truck on the outbound leg?
It's killing me I couldn't be there!

John

Dennis Jones

1972 Greeves Pathfinder Trials Bike :D

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

crash carden

Hello John, well first off we had a blast it was a great swap meet this year with lots of euro bikes and parts. We were only there 30 seconds and picked up a nice 72 Husky roller,it even had the pipe on it with the grunade type silencer in great condition,rare find. That bike was for my brother,as he is a Husky nut. Next he scored a box full of Can Am motors then more Husky motors,tanks,and fenders. As for me I am a Penton collecter/rider so I am thinking its about time I found a Penton or at least some Penton parts! So just around the next aisle there sat a 74 Penton 400cc motor,thank you and off I go to load it in the truck. Then on Saturday I bought a 75 Penton 400 enduro model complete,a very nice low hours bike. That bike was just what I was looking for and have been for 2 or 3 years. So now I have a Penton 400 with a spare motor :D. One of the other guys with us bought a rare old Benellie w/ custom flaring tank and seat,cool bike. We also bought a 70 Husky 400 cross 4 speed complete,and more Husky motors. I bought two boxs of Penton parts and some KTM skid plates,fenders and lights. Well needless to say we left Mid Ohio with a truck load of goodies and big grins on our faces :D! I can't wait till next year [:p]! As for explaining another Penton and all the parts to my wife, I told her it all belonged to my brother and his boy! ;) Hey she will never know as it will blend in with all the other Penton's and Penton parts.[8D] Crash Carden - Go Team Penton!

Kip Kern

Gary Roach

I found a nice 100/125 pipe, a rare '68 4 bolt rear hub, a '78 250 motor, and a matching pair of '74 Bridgestone/Rockford Tora mini bikes.

My wife, on the other hand, went "175 Crazy". Toni bought a '73 Jackpiner, a '74 Jackpiner, 2,...yes, I said 2,...'76 Cross Country 175's, a mysterious aftermarket Penton pipe, and another 100/125 pipe. Add the fact that she raced her yellow Jackpiner on Saturday, by the end of the day on Sunday, she was known as "The 175 Queen".

My trailer was packed full, so I had to ask Doug Wilford, Kent Knudson, and James Giddings to haul bikes and parts for me (Thanks guys). You know, I guess if your wife decides to go on a shopping spree, wouldn't you rather see her do it buying Penton stuff at Vintage Days, rather than someplace like, say, Bloomingdales?

Gary