Mid-Ohio

Started by 454MRW, July 31, 2006, 02:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

454MRW

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the greatest bunch of people I have ever met, and like it has been said many time this past weekend, a very special family for their great devotion to the love of the Penton motorcycle and circle of new found friends. I am proud that this very first Mid-Ohio gathering that I have attended will be a great one to remember, and I look forward to many more such events. There are way too many people to mention, but each and every one that I met answered all of my incessant questions with great enthusiasm that can only be achieved by personal experience and passion for living their dreams. God Bless each and every one of this great family! Thanks, Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Kip Kern

Ditto Mike!  What a great weekend, I think this was the best Mid Ohio in years.  Thanks to the POG staff and the Buehner brothers again for an excellent time and wonderful food.  No better family gathering than this last weekend, so great to see so many friends gathered in one place.  I think this was the best swapmeet I have seen in a very long time at M/O.  Hope noone was overcome by the heat!  See all of you next year!  CIAO;)

thrownchain

I know I had a good time,got to meet and listen to Mr. Penton, got to shake Dick Mann's hand, got to see AGO flog his old MV around the track. Saw a ton of stuff I forgot they made, saw some I don't remember at all, and alot I owned at one time or another. Got to meet alot of guys from the site, now I can put a name and face together. Special thanks to the "Doctor" for scoping out a couple of the bikes for sale, I didn't end up with either, but the expertise was welcome. Thanks also to Connie, had a very pleasent conversation.
My favorite question all weekend was " You're thrownchain???". Some of you I'll remember your name and face, some just the face, but at least we've met.   THX   Dan[^]

Dennis Jones

Another great M/O. Got to see old friends and meet some new ones. It's always nice to put a face and a handshake with POG members in person. The POG family is also very generous, I got more parts gave to me than I bought. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Glenn Berry

THANKS to everyone who helped to put Pentonville together. Although I don't know a lot of members it did not take long to feel like a member of the POG family. Meeting new people, seeing friends, and hearing stories was a great time. Thanks Again and hope to see you at the races.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

rob w

Yes, many thanks for the great hospitality offered by everyone in Pentonville.

Did'nt take many pictures, though here's a few, none of which are Penton related. Sorry, I left that up to Bill.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/Dscf0204.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/Dscf0205.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/Dscf0209.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/Dscf0208.jpg

tomale

Yesterday, while Tom and I were heading home from seeing Dale we over took a small pickup pulling a trailer filled with Hodaka's 8 to be exact. To our surprise it was a couple of our friends on their way back from Mid-ohio, They said they had a great time and the swap meet was so big that you could not see it on foot, so they had rented a golf cart to get them around... There was "truck loads" of stuff for sale... and they said the Motocross track was awsome... I quess it is time to start planning our trip to Mid-Ohio next year... He said it is like Disneyland, you have got to go at least once in your life.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

[email protected]

Mid-Ohio is a blast. There were alot of Penton's racing and I got to see my high school race buddy Bob Wardlow! I can't believe "thrownchain" was there. He got me started selling my six days 125. You Penton guys are special. I will stop in and say hi next year. Hey Wardlow, where's pictures of my 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000. (Just kidding) see ya next time.

sixdazed

Mid Ohio sounds so cool i am envious of you eastern guys now.Any room for a desert rat out there?
                                  Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Lew Mayer

Come on over, Ric. The best part is seeing and meeting all the great folks of POG. Plan on it for next year.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

socalmx

This old desert rat was able to attend and was very impressed with the overall layout. A very hard lesson learned this year is that you need either a bike or golf cart to get around. I was stranded in the MX pits for most of the weekend and never got to spend much time at the swap meet or the Penton display. Lesson learned...on the bright side, the MX track was great and it was a kick to race my 125. Ended up mid pack but who cares...guess I will have to learn how to turn in a berm (not many of those in the desert) one of these days.

Rain Man

One thing that I thought the POG did at Mid O that was well above and beyond the call of volunteers, was to present the large Penton banners to the fellas that so rightously deserve them. Those banners are beutiful. and I know the fellas that earned them will be flying them proudly at all the Vintage events around the Country.
Promoting  the Penton brand of motorcycles and the POG group, simultaneously.
  Does anyone have the list of fellas that received a banner and possibly a picture as well?
 I thank all the Pog officers for all they do, did, and will do in the future.  What a fabulous weekend.

2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

Raymond, you can be sure I'll be flying it proudly! I was totally blown away by the POG family's generosity. Many thanks to all!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

sixdazed

Next year is penned in!Still on Mert watch so this year's nowhere'sville,but with some luck next year for sure.                      Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Young Ted

Raymond - The banner I was entrusted with was in full view of every rider getting their bike sound tested at the Harrison, Michigan National Enduro Sunday. I have a picture that Bill or Karen will have to post for me. The banner will be up next at the National in Upland, Indiana on 9/17, along with Davie on display.

Young Ted