New Look for Al Buehner's Penton Parts Site

Started by firstturn, August 16, 2006, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I was looking up some parts this afternoon and was surprised to see the new website for Al...check it out.

http://www.pentonpartsusa.com/

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

Ooooh   Beautiful Penton short tracker

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tmc3c

Raymond,That is the same words that came out of my mouth before I saw your post!!!What a beauty Al!!!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

bentrims

Now I am curious what parts that sly dog was lookin for? Ron whats up your sleeve now?
Tom B

firstturn

I am actually building a 80cc Sachs for you....Al has the gasket kits.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Bob

Very nice online catalog. Does anyone know why Al doesn't sell the muffler end piece for a Jackpiner any more ?

firstturn

Bob
  I think it is just a manufacturing situation and getting someone to do it at a reasonable cost.  Of I am wrong someone else jump in.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

I know why he isent having them reproduced again.  Now that we have Pistons for the piner, there are no kicker shafts left or clutch plates or... what size crank bearings ???
 I wish I could build some of these hard to find parts  :(

2c

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Bob

Thanks for the info :) I hope he has them made again. It's the end of the exhaust pipe - probably the first piece that gets damaged on that model bike and the only piece I really am lacking.

firstturn

Bob,
  If I find one while I am cleaning out my barn I will send you a email.  As far as the parts that Al has reproduced...Al is very picky about the parts he offers and many times has to just stop a project because the part ends up being too expensive.  No excuses just facts.  Also watch eBay real close and don't just click on Penton...be creative and search exhaust tip, expansion chambers, etc.  Good Luck.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

metalkfab

Good Morning, Check with Al about the muffler ends.Al had us make up a large qty. a couple of years ago and I know everything is not listed in his Webalog.If the demand is great enough for a item we will reproduce if Al see's a demand.

Bob

Quotequote:Originally posted by metalkfab

Good Morning, Check with Al about the muffler ends.Al had us make up a large qty. a couple of years ago and I know everything is not listed in his Webalog.If the demand is great enough for a item we will reproduce if Al see's a demand.
Thank you. You do excellent work and I look forward to purchasing the piece to fix my exhaust.

lksseven

there's something about seeing a motorcycle with no front brake that always makes me shiver.  [:0]

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time