portland pentons and such

Started by chicagojerry, August 29, 2006, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

a great time was had by all including a group photo of pog members and riders, a pretty good showing for the penton clan. :) (my "foreign" bikes did pretty well too) unfortunately, despite me burning the midnight oil last week to finish it up, my 400 penton was running too lean to race. it may have a small air leak but i'll have to investigate further.[8] too much time,effort and money invested in rebuilding the motor to risk blowing it up. looking forward to seeing everyone at the future races.  [8D]    chi jer

rob w

Chi Jer,
Always a pleasure seeing you.
I thought Portland was an awesome good time, I really liked their track - of course being a native, I could be bias - there's something about that nice loamy Michigan sand I love. Just gas it and dive in.
Discovery:
The only thing better than getting a holeshot, is getting a holeshot in the very first race of the morning - I'd like to start every day off that way.
:D

BobW

CharlieT

CHi jer

Nice meeting you. I had to leave early, like about 11-1130, so I didn't get to meet many others. Was supposed to have beenover at my son's all day painting his house, so couldn't have really stuck around any longer. But it was fun to watch.

BobW.....you here in Michigan??

Randy Kirkbride

chi jer
Any chance you could get me a copy of that group photo for the 2007 Penton calendar?  I'll be at the POG meeting next Thursday.  Thanks in advance.

rob w

Yeah that was cool, Teddy or Rosemary must have organized that. Over the P.A. system at Portland, they must have announced at least five times that "all Penton riders should go to Teddy's after race 10, for a group picture...repeat all Penton riders...."
It's a great idea to try and do that whenever possible

Randy,
Rosemary also took some of those shots.

Charlie,
Yeah, I'm right down here in G.R., not far from you.

BobW

chicagojerry

randy, or anyone else for that matter. drop me a line at "[email protected]" and i will forward you the link from my wife's photo site. you can take your pick from about 10 choices.
PS  ask teddy how the drag race went  :D    chijer