Old School MX Houston Texas

Started by firstturn, September 19, 2006, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Every year I have inquires about this event.  This is the third year and last year there was over 600 people attended.  The event will be held this Sunday (Sept 24) at Rio Bravo MX Track.  I hope to see a lot of the great people who helped build this sport of MX in the Texas and Louisana  region. I wish Larry Perkins could make it..but it is a long drive.  Looks like Steve Wise will make it along with several other POG members.  Email me if you need any information or just goggle Old School MX.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Ron,

I would love to come and every year I say I will and something comes up.  I would, as always, love to see you and the possibility of Steve lapping me is always an interesting thought.  It would be so great to rail Rio Bravo once again but alas I seem to have the worst luck this season.  

As you know I broke my collarbone in the midst of the National season racing modern MX.  It was 4 months healing and I am well a month and a half and just getting back to decent old man speed.  Then last Sunday disaster.  While riding trail I came around a corner to meet another rider head on and in an instant I had broken the collarbone again.  

It is not as bad this time but the trick will now be can I get well by ISDTRR?  Sounds like 2004 ISDTRR in Tulsa where the event was my first real ride after a broken collarbone.  Three collarbones and a foot in 2 years.  Too much in too short a time.

Maybe next year, Brother.

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  If you change your mind, just fly in, and you can at least ride around on one of my Pentons and look fashionable.  I hope to see you on the way to the Reunuion Ride this year.  Thanks for your Friendship over the years and for the many memorable races that you have competed in and Championships you have won...even on bicycles.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh