125 B motor tranny oil capacity?

Started by bentrims, September 27, 2006, 12:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentrims

Easy question for most of you; How many cc's of tranny oil to refill a B motor?
Thank you,
TomB.

firstturn

700cc [^].  Didn't you read the letter from Master Doug??  Doug actually likes his riders to read his letters;).  Give me a call when you have a minute.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Thanks Ron,
I know its in a file somewhere and remember Doug telling me most people overfill and get leaking from the shift seal. This was easier than trying to find where I put it.[:p]
TB

bentrims

One more thing;

My Sachs came yesterday and it is an "A" motor freshly rebuilt (claimed). How different is it than a B?
TB

firstturn

AND...no drilling the clutch!  [:0]

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Tom,, an "A" motor has heavier crankwheels and milder porting, to put it briefly. They work great in trials bikes.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Tony Price

The "A" motor may be the best true vintage "woods" motor ever built.  I love the one in my Berkie.

Tony
Tony

bentrims

Thanks for the info guys;

Hmmm, I hoped to turn this into another high rpm MX motor. Do you foresee problems? Should I save it and look for another B?

Past experiment stories greatly appreciated.
Tom B
(Sachs apprentice)

firstturn

Tom,
  Lew is correct on the flywheel weight and size.  It has less of a stuffing effect that a B, B (GS), and a D (which could also be a GS), but that also makes it better, in my opinion, for oiling.  And once you get mass moving on a small bore the bigger flywheel really makes it nicer to go into turns in a higher gear with great RPM momentum.  Is the engine a 5 or 6 speed?

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

PS Ron,

That clutch is still in the race bike.[:p] Last week I found a wrist pin that is ;)10 grams lighter. Cant wait to put it in next time it needs a rebuild.:)
TB

bentrims

firstturn

It doesn't need a rebuild...it only has 6 motos on the engine.[8D]

Give me a call on the engine tomorrow if you have time.ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Maybe after the 8 motos[xx(] it gets hammered on this weekend at Moberly a tear down will be in order.

firstturn

Remember it is a Six Moto Penton.  Don't be hurting my sweetheart.  I see it every year in Texas.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh