Websites

Started by thrownchain, September 27, 2006, 08:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I was recently informed of the Monark website, [ vintagemonark.com ] and was wondering of any other websites that are popular with the vintage dirt bike crowd?? Make a nice addition to this site for fans of the "other" brands.[^]

bentrims

Good thread Chain tosser;

Lately I have had a kick out of looking into //www.ruppbikes.com
for a trip down memory lane. Neat pics of minis that we all grew up on and oh yes...they do have an annual rally with alot of pics included.
Tom B
Rupp RMX125 resto

thrownchain

That's a fun site, I've got a friend that's heavily into Bultacos and he and his son are into minibikes. Makes a great hobby for father and son. They go to several rallies  each year for minis and have a ball. Any more??

gooddirt

Go to  ahrma.org , and go to the links page and you can spend months looking!![8)][8)]

thrownchain

Yeah I've done that alot. But I'm looking for "favorite" sites. The sites you visit on a regular basis. My first stop is always the Penton site, then over to the Hodaka site. I've been on some really nice sites, but can't always remember how to get back to them. And if you visit a links page, there are always different places to go.

Dennis Jones

KTM The 70's years is a great research site. No message board but you can find a picture of almost any Penton/KTM ever made through the mid 80's. There is a link to it from this site. There are even a couple pictures of KTM trials bikes.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Gavin Housh

My second favorite site would be mxworksbike.com these are the ultimate bikes of the 70's and 80's.

Tony Price

Gotta plug Vinduro.  Many Vinduroites are also POGGERs.

We do lean towards the woods more so than grass track, and a headlight is required dress, lol.

Tony
Tony

tmc3c

I found a cool one tonight but I am going to have to tell you around about way to get to it.Go to Goggle and type in ktm helmet cam. and look for something like The KTM tough one.Let me know when you find it.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

thrownchain

Ok, I went to KTM helmet cam, found alot of neat sites, but not the one you mentioned. I wasn't about to look at all 49,000 listings. I did like the "thumper" site. More info please.

tmc3c

Hi Thrownchain,Try this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1460169250141186830

They also have Erzberg.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

thrownchain

WOW, pretty cool, looks like some of the land I ride through.

swamp fox

TC,
Here's another video - Nothing like riding on a "goat trail"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7639234355458374609&q=enduro&pl=true

What would you do if you met someone coming the other way?

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
04 BMW K12GT
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

thrownchain

Goat trail?? Boy i've ridden some narrow trails, but you don't want to drop your foot on the wrong side, long way down. Kind of reminds me of the trails I rode on in the southern tier of NY. Long time ago now, but good memories. Keep 'em coming.

tmc3c

Bobby, DO WHAT????? That trail isn't fit to be walked on much less ride on.A fat boy like me wouldn't fit!!!One slip to the left and you are in deep trouble!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler