I declare winter over!!!!!

Started by cubfan1968, February 21, 2006, 08:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalmx

It rains so seldom in Southern California that we get a buildup of oil, tire residue, etc. on the roads. That is what makes them slick more so than the rain. I am sure that it is now changing but for a long while, most Californians came from somewhere else where they do have bad weather so they should know how to drive. I would rather drive slow and defensive every once in a while than live in a climate where it is a matter of survival driving home thru blizzard conditions.....:)

thrownchain

Well if you guys have watched the news, the Buffalo NY area got 14+ inches yesterday and last night. Actually from Dunkirk to Rochester got it good.
And yes the people who live here year round forget how to drive in the snow. The first couple of snowfalls put lots of people in the ditch or into each other. Makes driving for a living fun.
But it's that time of year and I'm ready for it.[^]

cubfan1968

Hey wait a minute, I declared winter over on February 21st and from my vantage point in balmy Nebraska we got lots of good riding weather left yet. Heck in Detroit their still playing baseball (in Chicago its winter). Don't put away them Pentons yet theres riding to be done.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

thrownchain

Who said anything about stopping riding? As long as the wheels turn we ride up here.