Penton 6 Days runner for sale

Started by cort, October 07, 2006, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cort

Penton Six Days 125cc  SACHS/ 6 spd.;  1972;  Motoplat & Engine complete less than 1 tank ago (In storage 18 yrs.) Just started and ran this beauty, everything mechanical is 100%. incl. ignition, carb., clutch, trans., cables,  and frame.  Front half of pipe is original;  rear has been modified;  Missing chain guard & r/h rear cover.  Sounds like a Penton should, fresh motor has a solid, sharp sound and feel.  Not a tired beater.  Runs, shifts and stops like a champ.  Includes rare original tool rack.  The 6 volt searchlight and trailer tail light  can be switched at your leisure.

Serial # 20353831  Motor# 7103579  Comes with original owner's manual, Control-Slip and bill of sale from Honda of Piqua, Ohio.  No title, but has all bills of sale back to new.  Never streeted, despite expired New Mexico plate shown.  

A fine running example of a Six Days;   Opportunity to obtain one of these rare bikes and be able to start enjoying it immediately,  do a cosmetic upgrade if desired at your own pace.  See pictures attached.  Addl'. pics avail. by e-mail. Location: Michigan.    These bikes are sweet runners and none run as fine as this one.  Engine rebuild by Jack's Cycle World (KTM dealer).  Get in the game, participate in the Club, start riding tomorrow!   $500 as is/where is, includes expired New Mexico license plate.  Thank you.

Cort Stebbins   [email protected]
(734) 426-6602 before 8 PM ESDT

Lew Mayer

What the heck is with that pipe?[:0]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

thrownchain

Cort, I sent out an E mail with no reply. I'll offer $300, if you want the big money, go E bay.  And what is with that pipe??????? Nice taillight also.

Rocket

Looks like they might have raced BAJA with that headlight, of course they would have had to drag a generator along to power it!!
Rocket

thrownchain

Didn't notice the headlight. Looks to be Triumph, nice chopper light. Is it just me or is the whole thing turning white?? The shocks, frame, pipe, who knows what else?? Nice seat cover too. And nice old school kickstand. But wheres the basket to carry it in??[:p]

Tony Price

Heck, Ive started with less and worse.  Come to think of it, I've got worse.

The headlight/air raid search light, tail light, and pipe leave much to be desired, but it is a Penton........

Tony
Tony

Dennis Jones

Dirty Old Pentons need love too[}:)]

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

cort

Now come on!  This old Penton runs 100%.  Shocks don't leak and the petcocks work.   It's as described, and you guys are the authenticity experts, no argument.  I've certainly enjoyed it periodically over the years.  This bike has got to go, price $500 as is/where is.  

Thanks, Cort    

:):):):)[}:)][}:)][:p][8D][8D]

Dennis Jones

Hi Cort and welcome to the POG.
I was just trying to be funny and not making fun of your bike. Like Tony said " I've started with a lot worse " At least your bike is in one piece and runs as opposed to boxes of stuff. I'm sure someone will give it a good home.
If I may offer a suggestion, I have watched this site for years and almost always when a bike is offered for sale asking for offers as opposed to an asking price not much happens. Decide what you would like to get out of it and post it. Those of us that have several Pentons already are looking for bargains. A person looking to get a first one may be reluctant to make an offer but may respond to a known price.
Your bike definatly has some character whitch is what the Guys are commenting about. They mean no harm, just hav'n fun.
Thanks for offering it to the group.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

thrownchain

I've been working with Cort to try to come up with an asking price. It's up to him and hopefully he'll post here when he decides, so keep an eye out.

Dan
72, 73, 74, Six Days projects.

thrownchain

Talked with Cort earlier and he's working off the $800.00 starting price he's got in the original ad. He's getting offers and questions and hopefully will find a buyer in the near future. good luck [yes I have my offer in].

thrownchain

Notice asking price has been reduced.

thrownchain

Talked to Cort last night and welcome another 6 day to the garage of thrownchain, it'll be in good company.[^]