steel tank swing arm bolt

Started by stumpbuster, October 29, 2006, 07:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpbuster

I am in need of a 10x240 mm swing arm bolt for  a Jackpiner steel tank bike.Any info would be appreciated.

Lew Mayer

Anyone know of a way to make one?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Yes. Just buy some threaded stock and weld a nut on one end.  Fill in the top of the nut and file it off.  You have a homemade swingarm pivot bolt until you find the real thing.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Would fully threaded stock be strong enough for the application, Ron?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Are you going to race it?  If you are, you can always get graded threaded stock that will be strong enough.  We have done the above remedy for years with show bikes.  Actually we had to do it before eBay.  Now a lot of the parts are found which before were unobtainable because no one was in contact as we are today with the internet.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Thanks Ron. I also might try to locate a 10mm axle or swingarm bolt from another brand and modify it. We probably won't race it but I'm goofy enough to fix it so you could race it if you wanted. Just the way I am.[:o)]

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Bob Seymour

Check Fastenal Company and do a inquiry on the size bolt your searching. I have purchased many "specialty" metric bolts from them. Recently, the long engine mount bolt thru the lower case of the KTM engines.
                                 Bob

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer