Ebay:off topic

Started by Kid Six Day, October 28, 2006, 12:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Six Day

Hey just wondered if any of u POGs have seen the Honda '77 CR 125 on ebay thats at $5000

wondered what u all think about a vintage bike going as much as a moderen bike?

Alex Klein
Columbus,OH
'73 Penton Six Day 125
Alex Klein
Columbus,OH
\\\'73 Penton Six Day 125

Merlin

..............Vintage Iron just sold a red frame CZ for $7100,and back around May someone sold a Husky auto for $14000,yes $14000..............
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

behindbars

If that makes you wonder, just check this one out. Ebay item #320029856714. Who would have ever thought a fuel tank for a fairly common bike would bring over $2000? YIKES [:0] I thought it was a fluke, but the next week another NOS tank popped up that was missing the original stripping and it sold for even more!

James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

Kid Six Day

I did kinda undestand the tank without the stripe because it was new and only a few were made without the stripe. It's kinda like the US dollars that are have a falt and are then worth millions

Just don't have a clue why some people are willing to buy something fairly common for a ton of money more then it is worth

Alex Klein
Columbus,OH
'73 Penton Six Day 125
Alex Klein
Columbus,OH
\\\'73 Penton Six Day 125

desmond197

Just like in the car world. 63 Vette $90,000 new 2006 Vette $45,000.
Middle age guys in the USA can't spend thier $$ on girlfriends like they do in Italy so they spend $$ on thier hobbies. That hard earned money has to get spent somewhere.

brokenb23

When you restore whether for racing or show it becomes expensive. That Honda is a Mugen which requires very expensive and hard to find parts now days. It is very easy to spend $5000.00 on a classic or vintage racer and that could just be the beginning. I have raced Pentons and KTM's-MC5 thru the last few years and spent well over $5000.00 and they are not show bikes, but cosistent runners which have given me many 1st and 2nd places. It cost to participate.
Enjoy your Penton
Bob Brizzee
Formerly 3     6-Days
Now 2 KTM MC 5 250's