STOLEN!

Started by Mick Milakovic, November 26, 2006, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Some deadbeats got into my barn Friday night while we were sleeping and took two bikes.  A 1985 Kawasaki KX80, all green except for black backgrounds, #26.  NEW: blue "Ceet" cover, cheng shin tires, grips, rear fender.  Very spartan in decals, also missing the chain guide.  

Also, 2003 Suzuki RM65, VIN#JKBKXEBC53A003392.  Black number plates (not backgrounds), Hot Wheels graphics kit, Gripper seat, Renthal bars, new grips, #35.  Both bikes were very attractive looking.  Please look in the Auto and RV magazine in your area and keep your eyes and ears open for someone trying to unload a bike quick and cheap.  They walked right past two nice Husky's and two nice Pentons and targeted the mini bikes.  Worst part about this is they were my kids' bikes.  I'm located in Lebanon, Indiana near Indianapolis.  765-891-1185 cell, Thanks for anything you can do, Mick.

Mick

firstturn

Mick,
  I can't believe what these guys do.  You might also watch Craigslist...some of these guys have been unloading bikes or parts this way.  Also,  People will sell parts on ebay.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

[email protected]

Mick I am sorry to hear that. I was in Indianapolis last weekend and was going to call you if I could get away from the family. I copied your post and put it on my website and also the Hodaka yahoo group too. I hope this helps. I have had a bike once stolen from my home also and this is a terrible feeling I know.
Paul

Gavin Housh

Mick, I'm also sorry to hear about your kids bikes being stolen. I had my car stolen one night over the summer. They caught the guy but we recieved nothing for our loss. It seems that the justice system is nothing more than a joke that really makes no sense. I meen if I was a cop why would I risk my life to arrest someone when the courts just plee bargain the whole thing away? As you can probably tell I'm still really pissed. I had a friend that put down I bolts into the concreat floor under his Alfa Romeo. Every night he would lie under the car and chain the rear end to the floor. The worst thing that can ever happen in a situation when someone is stealing from you is when you catch them in the act. Some how our legal system frowns upon the victum taking his own justice out on would be thieves. The good thing is that you didn't get involved with these thugs and you and your family are all OK. Gavin

Paul Danik

Mick,

I feel bad for all of you.  It is a real shame for you and I really feel for your kids, I imagine that they are heartbroke over their loss. Please let them know that we care and that we will be looking out for their bikes.

Paul

PS.  Mick, please indulge me in using your thread, but we all need to be careful about how much info we give out on this forum for obvious reasons. It might be wise to get pictures of our bikes along with the serial numbers "just in case".

OhioTed

Mick,  My hearfelt sympathy goes out to you.  I understand full well what you are going through, as some years back, they took my '94 KTM 300 E/XC and my son's '92 KTM 125 E/XC.  I went after those bikes like you could not imagine.  I talked with all the neighbors, visited every bike shop, hung out at the riding areas, went to the races, advertised rewards, got the local, county, and state authorities involved, and literally talked to absolutely everyone and anyone.  I thought we had it made when the thieves called the shop I dealt with and asked about buying different color plastic for the two bikes.  I found out who these individuals were, where they worked, where they lived - everything.  The police would do nothing, and I even resorted to taking a few big friends and going to visit these guys.  No luck.  I had it all figured out except where the bikes were.  I spent months and months and months, and in the end came away with nothing.  I'm not sure what to tell you, as some folks I've talked to were able to recover their stolen bikes, but they may have just gotten lucky.  My suggestion, talk to the police and keep your eyes and ears open.  Someone may rat the thieves out - but then you still have to find the bikes, and don't count on the police to help you (sorry, but that's my experience).  In the end though, I say forget 'em and move on.  The loss of our two KTM's broke my spirit.  It ended mine and my son's days of competition.  Things have never been the same.  To this day I still carry the bike's serial numbers with me, and if I ever find either one of those KTM's, anywhere, I don't care how the guy came by them, he's gonna think something fell on him.  Mick, don't carry around the same grudge I have.  Move on.

Mick Milakovic

Gavin and Ted, I'm relating to your feelings :( I've felt many different emotions since the moment I saw them gone:  shock and disbelief, anger, fear, and even pity for those people who think they need to steel from others for their own gain.  Right now I'm OK.  It's only stuff, and you're right, we're all OK and safe.  My family will be better for all this.  We'll appreciate and be thankful for what we have, and we'll be safer and more secure too:  I'm going to invest in a couple of different security systems.  One of which will be a large, loud, and intimidating dog that will live in the barn.  I sure wouldn't go near a building with a dog going WFO on the inside!  I've been considering the name "Thunder," and if you hear him watch out for the lightning!  Thanks again to all for the kind words, Mick.

Mick

vmxracer

I AM SO MAD!!!! That will not stop ME from riding!
Ambr Milakovic
\\"Black Beauty\\"

Rain Man

Sounds like some very young neighborhood hooligan kids to me. Probably not to far from your area either. Hidden behind their buddies house, in the woods...  
 Most crooks are looking for the big expensive hot ticket items, like crotch rockets or HD ...
 I Hope you get your bikes back anyway.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Mick Milakovic

Hi all, I'm just going to keep this on the first page for the next month or so.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Mick Milakovic
765-891-1185

Mick