1969 Penton on Ebay

Started by kevin1971, January 24, 2007, 05:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin1971

Guys we may have been missing how fast these bikes were!  According to the owner and I quote, :

"The bike runs extremely well.  If you have never ridden one of these bikes, you are in for a surprise.  The acceleration will blow away any 4-stroke 250 including the new "racing 250" four-strokes.  It will run with most 200cc 2-strokes, and will way outrun all of them on top end.  The powerband is incredible and the engine just winds out forever.  Back in the 70's getting trophies on this bike was like taking candy from a baby, when running against the comparative toads that everyone else was riding back then.  I have 2 cylinders for it, one for high horsepower on the top end (around 80 mph), and one for low-end torque that is best for steep hills in the mountains.
The suspension doesn't have the long travel of current bikes, but the engine is more than competitive and  the suspension is good enough to allow you to fly through the whoop-de-do's.  If you want it even faster, the power-ported cylinder will allow the thing to go about 85 mph (with the stock gearing sprockets).  The ported cylinder takes away some of the low end torque, and puts it into mid to top range power."

Funny my 1971 isn't that fast. Kevin

thrownchain

For those of you interested, Item #  260079274232.

firstturn

I just wish he knew what year bike it is that he is selling[:0].  I guess the Honda engineers need to buy this to try and duplicate the power on the CRF250.  Well who says ebay isn't entertaining?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

The guy forgot to add it was only ridden by a retired school teacher on Sundays.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Rocket

Did anybody happen to notice what STATE the seller is from?? [:0]
Rocket

thrownchain

I beleive he's from Texas, where as we all know everything is "bigger".

firstturn

And according to ebay faster[:o)].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh