Crash & Burn Raceway

Started by Randy Lamp, March 28, 2007, 01:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Lamp

I was wondering if any other POG memebers raced at the Crash & Burn Raceway in the early seventies? Yes, that really was the name of the place. It was located just outside of Canal Fulton Ohio.

I raced my Jackpiner there in 1972 and 1973 but can't rememebr if there were any other CMF Pentons around there at the time. I think I remember a few of the 100 cc and 125 cc steel tank bikes but I'm pretty sure I had the only Jackpiner. I raced it in the 250cc class,unitl the track owner said I had to run it in the under 200cc class. I always thought that was strange.

Randy Lamp
Massillon,Ohio

rich allison

I raced there on my 125 CMF many times in both MX and Hare Scrambles. Lots of memories from there. When that track was wet or in the winter when it was frozen it was a real treat.Usually hung around Jerry Boyd up there I think he is a Massillon alumni. Always road CZ's none of those guys were normal.

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

Randy Lamp

Rich. Thanks for your reply. I raced a CZ myself for awhile. When the track owner at Crash and Burn said my Jackpiner wasn't eligable for the 250 class, I borrowed a freinds CZ and raced them both. I had someone get the CZ ready while I ran the 200cc moto and then jumped on the CZ and ran the 250 class. It was fun but it was hard.
If I rememer  right, there was a guy from down your way that raced in the 200cc class with me that ended up organizing some races down somewhere around Killbuck. I might be getting my tracks confused but that track in Killbuck had a jump that would about take your breath away. Good times for sure.

Randy Lamp

rich allison

There was 10 or 12 of us from around Killbuck that raced. We had a bike club called the Killbuck competition Riders and our track was south of Kbk on Marlin Moores farm. It was an old pig farm so we had some good smellin mud. The jump you may be thinking of was coming down an oil well road you could take abit of a shortcut off of a massive boulder. Not much for todays bikes but quite a thrill back in the day. Marlin also sold Puch,Maico,and Hodaka along with running his 1200 acre farm. I just gave Ted 6 or 8 rolls of 8MM film that he is going to put on a dvd so if you raced at Crash and Burn,Mathias Raceway,Norwalk Raceway, KCR,OIR you may be a star.

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

Randy Lamp

Rich. After thinking about it ,the jump I was talking about was at a track in Shreve, up by Wooster. It went down into a gully and when you came out of it the top was rounded and the ground just kind of faded away from you on the landing. It took awhile for gravity to do its job. I rode a Jackpiner with the number 5 on it at many of the tracks you listed. If you see it in any of the films,let me know.

Best Regards,
Randy Lamp