73 250 Hare Scrambler?

Started by BobJones, February 07, 2007, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobJones

I had a guy just call me wanting to sell a 75 250 but the serial # is 5430766817. That tells me it's a 73. He said it had yellow tank & black engine. Also 73 colors. I'm in the middle of a 68 6-day restoration. I have a 72 Jackpiner on hold. Not sure I want another project. Any opinions?

Bob Jones
Show-me state
74 Harescrambler,72 Jackpiner,69 6-Day

Bob Jones
Show-me state
(2)74 Harescramblers,72 Jackpiner,68/69 6-Day,73 Harescrambler.

auto

Just buy it and resell it,if the price is right.Since everyone will ask,I'll ask first.Please send me details if your not interested in buying it.Thanks

joe adomaitis

thrownchain

Joe's got the right idea, if the price and location are right, go for it, and by the way is there any thing that says you can have too many projects?? I don't think so, think of it as an investment.

VintageChadwick

Bob, I'm also in MO, so I'd also be interested if the price is right.

Thanks, Aaron Kloppe
Chadwick, MO
417-634-2276

BobJones

The motor is apart waiting a rebuild. The frame is painted Husky silver?????.Some parts have been powder coated. Sounds like he has the enduro pipe. Does not have original lights or fenders. Front forks are clean don't know on rear shocks. Says he has all the pieces. Nuts & bolts are garfed up. This was from phone conversation I have not seen it.

Bob Jones
Show-me state

Bob Jones
Show-me state

VintageChadwick

Bob, I'd be really interested.  My 75 Harescramble frame has a running 73 motor in it.  I'd love to get the frame to make mine correct....not trying to buy out from under anyone else, just if it works out it would be nice to have a 73 frame with a 73 motor.

Thanks, Aaron

1974 Jackpiner
1975 Harescrambler
1972 Six Days
Penton-Wassell Trials
Way to many other brands,
or is there such a thing?

BobJones

I bought it. I do not want to part it out. Old Pentons that are still together need to stay together. I will get the bike Saturday.
I'll decide then what to do with it. Thanks for the input.

Bob Jones
Show-me state

Bob Jones
Show-me state

VintageChadwick

Understood...I thought I might get that response here.  Good luck!

1974 Jackpiner
1975 Harescrambler
1972 Six Days
Penton-Wassell Trials
Way to many other brands,
or is there such a thing?

thrownchain

Hey Vintage, why don't you put up a post looking for what you need? You might get what you need, either a 75 motor or a 73 chassis. Doesn't hurt to ask.