another item from the old man.

Started by roost_racer_27, February 17, 2007, 08:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roost_racer_27

Now the old man gave me this and told me that if u didnt have on then your bike wouldnt work right, i dont know what he ment by that but told me to find out so here a picture u tell me what it is.
When in Doubt WFO!

454MRW

I'm just guessing, but it looks like the allen head tool used to hold the back side of the clutch/pressure plate bolts on a KTM engine when making clutch adjustments, but I'm not sure how that would come into play on a steel tanker. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

G Ellis

Tell him that I have been looking fo one of those and would like to get one. I think its a hand shifter for a Penton.[:p] Gary

BrianTaylor

Looks like some Alien Probe ... probably metric though :D... If he,s like mike old man was dont be surprised if he dosnet send you out to buy a can of Blue Compression next......BT

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

G Ellis

Doug Wilford

Could be a Bar B Que tool, or a Dwell adjusting tool for GMC car engines of yore

socalmx

How about a go-nogo gauge for mud holes.

G Ellis

I do believe Mike is correct on this tool. How about it roost racer. Later Gary

dkwkid

The old guy has a sense of humor! It could be used to check for broken frames on the six days down by the lower engine mount. kinda stick it in there and pry. Bicycle frames break ya know!(except Schwinn)

roost_racer_27

sorry for the delay. been busy with Class and havent been on. This is a Original Penton allen wrench to hold the back side of the fasteners on the clutch while making adjustments. Mike was right. Take it easy everyone.
When in Doubt WFO!

Rain Man

And i though it was long enough to hold the internal valve from turning when your dismantling the front forks !! Aww shucks, I guess that ground down craftsmen screw driver will hafta do.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons