RIDERS WANTED / NEEDED : OH.-MI.-IN.

Started by rob w, March 07, 2007, 03:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

This should be of concern to anyone who lives in OHIO, MICHIGAN, and INDIANA - enjoys vintage Motocross racing - and would like to help to save it from the endangered species list.

There simply must be more participation at the AHRMA Great Lakes Series Regional events this year - or it's gone, and our vintage (and post vintage) racing opportunities will become few, and far between.

Take the time to read "One more try" on the Home page here ->  
http://www.ahrma/greatlakes/

You know who you are. Please do your part. Besides the Nationals at Mid-Ohio and Portland, MI. Try to make as many of these regionals as possible. Better yet, when you do come, bring along another racer.
 From my own personal experiences, no matter the track layout, the size of my classes (or lack of), or the level of competition you'll find. It's ALWAYS been FUN.
But of course - The MORE, the MERRIER !
So please, all you OH, MI, & IN. guys - it's up to us - let's get together, go racing, and have some fun.
Hope I see you there.
Bob Wardlow

May 26 - Leisuretime GP. - Medaryville, IN.
May 28 - Log Road MX - Coldwater, MI.
July 7 - Wabash MC - - Wabash, NI.
Mid-Ohio -  National
Aug. 5 - Battle Creek, MI.
Portland, MI. - Natlional
Sept. 8,9 - Western Reserve - Salem, OH.

rob w

If I could do if over, but I can't. (I mean I won't) I would've put this topic on the "Racing Forum".
Oh well, only my first mistake of the day. Things are good.

bw

Mike Lenz

Bob,  I will try and make one or two.  Have been trying to for the last couple years.  It seems as I get older I have so much to do its hard to find time for the races! No like!!

Mick Milakovic

Hey Bob, you know me and my family will be at as many as possible.  Moving into a new home and Beth in school takes it's toll!  Hangtime and Medaryville are almost in my backyard! [8D]

Mick

rob w

Mike, Mick
I know exactly what you mean about being so busy, you rarely see racing at the top of your "to do" list. My window of opportunity to escape is closed most of the time as well.
 One thing I do like about most of the regionals. Is that I can get there, do my thing, and be back home the same day.
I'm taking advantage of that this year. I'm making it my priority to support those races.  
 No one seems to have the answer for increasing rider turn-out, or what can save the Great Lakes Series. But I plan to do my part, and improve my own attendance record.
I'm really looking forward to this season, and it's always great seeing you guys. Thanks,

Bob

Beach Boy

I will make as many as possible - Wabash and Medaryville for certain.

Brian Wilson

tomale

Are there no non-AHRMA vintage racing in that area? Here in the Pac-Northwest we have a wonderful group that puts on lots of races. Our average attendence is some were in the 250 entrants range.. And several times, we have been over 400. I believe the reason is we try to keep the cost of racing low, and the fun factor high. The rules are simple and the racing is hot... I know that there are similar goups around the country....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

VICTOR MONZ

You would think Southern California would be very active, yet, we have recently found the vintage racing clubs problematic.  Our race was simply cancelled for the rest of the season, 2 days prior to race day.

If any vintange/post vintage riders in So Cal are frustrated please contact me, I have a plan !

I do not want to just look at my bikes sitting in the garage, on the patio and in my spare bedroom....I want to race.

Gentlemen and Ladies....Let's get racing back track on ASAP.

Glen Helen is the place...check the egos at the gate and come and race!  To ride the National Track at Glen Helen gives me deja vu about the Ohio State Championships at Lexington in the early 70's !

Victor Monz

[email protected]

wildman

Last year was my first full of Vintage racing in the Great lakes series and I had a really good time. The regional series races were much more laid back and fun for me. I would urge fence-sitters to try a few races. I especially enjayed Log road and Battle Creek racetracks, Portland was probably the best (although a national)
I originally got interested in vintage racing after watching the 60 and 70 yr. old racers at Gatorback and thought "I can do that". I like to get the old bike out and race on vintage friendly racetracks
BTW, I raced at Red Buds Grass race last year and did not really enjoy racing on the same track as the modern bikes. Practice with them is impossible and the track got really rough and rutted. It was also not AHRMA run and wasn't very vintage friendly. I'm going to try to run some Ohio and Indiana races this year and try to support Ben and the people that make these vintage events possible. Do it now and git-r-done before you can't. Wildman

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

tlanders

We are very fortunate in Missouri to have the MOVMX (Missouri Vintage MX) series of eight races. We usually get from 150 to 250 riders. We use AHRMA's breakdown of classes. Come on out to the first one of the season this Sunday near Kansas City. Visit //www.movmx.com .

Teddy

kevin k

There is a new club formed in INDIANA .  IVORME  ( Indiana Vintage Off Road Enthusiest) Do a google and check out our website including the schedule. We're not AHRMA connected (since there's youth classes and Non-current) But 2 races are run in conjunction with the 2 Great-Lakes Indiana races.  If your in our area please come out and join in the fun!

Tom McPeek

I'am planning on attending all or most of the Great Lakes region races. This will be my first year of vintage racing coming off newer bikes.I'am looking forward to racing the bikes that I've worked on all winter and spent all of my waking hours sourcing parts for. I hope to meet alot of poggers at these races and will bring fellow racers with me as much as possible. Thanks and see you in May !

Tom McPeek 78 KTM250 MC5
74.5 Harescrambler 250MX, 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200, RM100,250,400

VICTOR MONZ

Wish you well Tom and let them all know the northern Ohio guys are race ready.

Victor Monz

Got more Bing stuff!!!

Thanks for your support of Penton racing.