Free frame to good home!

Started by dirtymartini, February 28, 2007, 12:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtymartini

I have a frame for a '76 125, I can give you the serial # on request or search for my earlier postings. FREE to a good home! P/U only. I live in the northeast corner of PA. Send an e-mail if you are interested; [email protected]

dirtymartini

I can't believe I can't give this away!

thrownchain

If nobody else wants, it I'll take it.

Dennis Jones

I wish we lived closer. This frame would make a great vintage race bike, any KTM motor 73 - 79 will fit and it is just like an early 74 frame. There have been posts on here before about making killer 400's out of this style frame.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

chicagojerry

is it a ahrma vintage legal frame? or is laydown only position? if its legal, i could certainly use it.  thanks for any consideration. thanks, chi jer

thrownchain

If anybody besides me wants this frame, I can deliver it to Mid Ohio for you if you want.

Dennis Jones

Jerry, If this frame is what I think it is, it is just like a 73 or early 74 frame. Upright shock mounts, round rear frame tube, over the peg conical hub brakes. Should work as like design.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Chakka

Here is a photo of the 76' 125 frame on my bike before restoration. It looks to me like a 73' Jackpiner frame was utilized, notice the rounded lower frame tubes under the engine. I believe all the other KTM engined bikes 250 & 400 have straight tubes that run parallel to the bottom engine case. This year 125 was definitely a transition bike and I have seen them with red watermellon tanks, green MX tanks and the more common orange GS tank. Cool bike to build but I had real problems locating an enduro exhaust pipe...took me 3 years to find one and even the one on the bike isnt correct, it's off a 77'.

Chris

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/chakka141/1976%20125GS%20Penton/?action=view¤t=penton3.jpg

chicagojerry

it looks like what i can use for my application. thanks all for the info. i'll take it if its still available. thrownchain, i may take you up on the offer to bring it to mid-ohio if i can't make arrangements sooner in conjunction with my travels to some of the ahrma events,     chi jer