1975 Penton Jackpiner for sale

Started by AndyL, March 23, 2007, 01:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

I am selling my 1975 Penton Jackpiner.  I have other projects in the works and it is time for it to go.  I ride it occasionally and it runs good and strong. Engine number is: 5-527892, frame number: 54504 83591.  Lights work.

In the five years that I have had it, it has been run in 1 MX race each year and one Hare Scramble each of the last two years and has never let me down.  It is a clean bike but it is a race bike not a show bike.

It has new tires on it, Michelen M12 on the back and a Dunlop 756 on the front. High shoulder Akront wheels.
The shocks are older twin spring Works that have been rebuilt and are a bit long, but I like the quicker steering.
Fresh top end this last spring with a 64mm Wiseco piston from Al B.
Al B. Reproduction foot pegs.  
Also has a new chain and a blue Windsor tank with some scratches from knee braces.
Silencer has been re-packed.
Still has the red wire motoplat.

Faulk reproduction headlight mask from Speedy, running a 12v bulb.
It has been converted to a Mikuni carb (Bike originally came to me without a carb.)
Bottom end rebuilt with the new crank bearings and seals 5 years ago.

Aftermarket exhaust side cover, with a poor jel-coat (colored) and some chipping and cracking.
Seat cover has a bit of a tear down by the back mount point but it isn't bad.
Fork dust seals are cracked.
Preston Petty fenders on both ends that show a lot of wear but no chaulking.
Handle bar switch had to be replaced; I used a similar CEV replacement.

Pictures can be seen here:
http://target.new.photos.yahoo.com/aj67ss00/album/576460762391307697

$2300 or offers.  Located in Lees Summit, MO 64081.  I will do what I can to assist your efforts in shipping, but shipping is up to you.  Email is [email protected]  I can also email the pictures (big files) directly to you.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
1975 Jackpiner
1970 Steeltanker
83 YZ 100 and 250
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA