Bad News

Started by MattyQ, May 04, 2007, 08:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattyQ

I was sadded over the week-end,  when  talking with the previous owner of my bike about it's history.  I was informed he tossed his 74 Penton Spare  rolling parts bike into the trash.  I will call him again and see if he had the serial # written down somewhere. [V][V]

Matthew Quinlan

Rain Man

I met a guy from Conneticut that threw out a complete 77 400 GS cause he didn't think there was any parts or interest left. wow :(
 Best thing I found to do is wear those Penton hats and jackets and t shirts when your out and about. You never know what may come your way [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lew Mayer

I started to build my Six-Day out of a frame and parts found sitting at the curb for the trash man.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

MattyQ

Great insight , I love hearing about found treasure !

Q

Matthew Quinlan

sifulane

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"

I came into ownership of my 68 Six-Day from a co-worker who wanted to get rid of it because he needed to clean out his barn.  He thought it was just another worn out dirtbike that was only good for the scrap heap.  It's sad to think of all of the vintage bikes that have ended up in junk yards and land fills because no one knew what they were.

Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET
Kimbal Lane Cox
CBET

Dennis Jones

I have a friend who works at a scrap yard and he hauls stuff home all the time. One time he brought me a good Jackpiner jug that is in transit today to a new home in PA.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones