Vintage MX Classes ?

Started by Randy Lamp, July 02, 2007, 11:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Lamp

Good morning. I'm trying to figure out what class I should enter for the up coming Mid -Ohio race. I'm short on time to get my entry form in,that is assuming they don't limit the amount of entries, and I'm not sure what to do. I have a 1975 Penton configured like the 1974 Hare Scrambler, I have not raced since 1974 and I'm fifty-seven years old. No concern about being competitve or anything like that. I'm just trying to test the waters to see if I can still do it and maybe have some fun.

I was issued an intermediate stripe but I don't rememebr anyone asking me about my racing experiance. I think I should be in the beginner class.

Any help from those of you that are racing would be great.

Randy Lamp
Massillon Ohio
#A34 250CC Penton

chicagojerry

hi randy. chicago jerry here. all new members of ahrma are assigned as intermediates. ( i personally HATE that rule) however, you can solicit for evaluation and if deemed to be a novice rider you can then ride the novice classes. the +50 inter class is extremely fast. but if you remain a  inter. you can ride that bike in the sportsman 250 intermediate class. but you may even want to ride the open age inter class which has less entries. the open age class is what i would ride if i were you. its a little less intense. but above all, have fun.  :)    chi jer

brian kirby

Hi Randy. As Jerry said you can ask to be observed and reclassified as a Novice. Any AHRMA race, regional or national, will have someone there that can grade you and move you down to Novice. When you get to signup just ask someone who you need to talk to and tell them you are requesting to be observed and they will have a short form for you to fill out.

Your bike will run in Sportsman 250, or as Jerry said you can also run in either 50+ or you could run 40+ or Open age. Most times 50+ is a tougher class than either 40+ or Open age. No matter what class you ride, have fun!

Brian

'72 Six Day (on loan from Ernie P.)
Brian

Randy Lamp

Thanks to both of you for your response. I signed up for the sportsman class. Sounded like the best way to go. Should be fun!

Randy Lamp