Penton Victory (Nats Two Rivers)

Started by DKWRACER, May 06, 2007, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Greetings POG Enthusiasts.
This w/e, a National race was held at Two Rivers in Milliken Colorado.
Weather was reasonable and I camped out at the track, to have a fresh attitude for Saturday and Sunday......
Two Pentons were taken, and performed extremely well. I entered PV Historic 250 and Vintage + 50.....
The PV was somewhat important as I brought the "Silver Bullet" for it's maiden voyage. Not only did, I win my class, a Penton won the # 1 Bad Bike award! Saturday night, was a good nights sleep.

Day Two, brought a challenge from, non other, than Paul Johnstone's brother.

Mounted on a BSA 500, we fought for something. It was a fair race, and perhaps the best race I have had in a long time....

We gave chase to each other, one little door way opened, and I pinned it........I won.....

Thank You, JP.....
it is the best [:p]

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

sixdazed

Way to go Tom!Great to see a Penton lover who can ride his bike,as well as well as build some beautys.Keep the campfires burning!.........
                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

cdb50mx

Sand bagger , cherry picker ! You didn't tell them an antiquated British bike with a four stroke lawnmower engine holeshot you in moto two and spanked your bikes Austrian back side in moto one , did you ... you sneak , using traffic to hide from me and you with your home track advantage , while I'm on a poorly jetted ( damn altitude )old thumper . [:p]( All in fun Tom )
  When you get racing like we had and Dick Mann cheering you on , it's hard to top it . It was worth two days of driving to race in such a great place with fine people. Get you next year Tom .
Mike Johnstone
BSA B50 MX 500
AHRMA #110

DKWRACER

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply!
But I am having a hard time trying to uncover the message in your post.
I am not a sand-bagger or a cherry picker, or a sneak.
I cannot control the state tune, or the decision to ride a BSA in plus 50. These choices are ours. So how close were we? Very..........It was an honor to race against you.
I made, what I think, was a safe pass. The event also brought lapped traffic in front of both of us, and happens to others as well.
Very close to the end of our moto, we were approaching big twins, that could have slowed both of us down, either you in front or me.
I got around one of them, and came to another one, all within 75 yards of the finish line....
Lets just suppose for a moment, what might have happened if I had pinned it once more. I might have crashed taking all four of us out, or who knows what.

Please do not poo-poo me, or call me a sandbagger, cherrypicker or a sneak.

My home track, Two Rivers?

Visited once a year, so I don't have a distinct advantage, other than being on a Penton.

Respectfully, thanks for the great race!

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

cdb50mx

Tom buddy,
  No harm intended , just my humor . I had a great time racing with you , we're well matched and I had no idea if two rivers was your local track or not , just talkin smack .[:o)] You deserve the win ,  you earned it , that was a sweet (and safe ) pass ! Also nice meeting you .
Mike Johnstone

pakala

Tom,
 I have known Mike for almost fifty years, and I still have a hard time trying to uncover his message:-))))
 We also don't let him handle customer service at the car wash!!:)

Mike was doing a little post race ball busting smack talk, which he only does with friends. He was being smartass cute:-) Sometime it's comes over wrong on the computer.
 He said it was one of his best races in years.
   Hope to see you this year at ISDTRR in New Blaine, AK.
                  Paul(socal)

Lloyd Boland

Tom, I have also know Mike for years.  He really is not all that fast as I beat him on a regular basis and sometimes I slow down just enough so he gets right behind me at the finish so he can think he is getting faster.  I know you did the same thing to make him feel better.

Knowing him, I am sure all his comments are in gest. (So are mine)

(ps: actually he has been getting faster and at our last event he was right on my A** at the finish.)

DKWRACER

Hi Lloyd, it is great to hear from you.
The spirit of racing, is a part of the ? and Pentons too.

Thank You, John Penton, for your inspiration.

http://cone.viawest.net/users/dkwracer/savetwo/

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

cdb50mx

Hey bone cracker ,
  I guess I'll have to ride your six classes at the next ARX race which is on a Saturday . If I was right on your tailend at the finish line it was because it was most likely your sixth moto of the day . Just remember I can change the scoring [}:)]
Mike  ( in jest ) Johnstone

jon

Great job Tom, you would've looked great riding around on my Husky TC250 in the pits.[:)Offer still stands if you want to get me on one of those 400's.I'm going to fire up my 1979 KTM 420mx project bike tomorrow ,wish me luck.

Lloyd Boland

Great picture Tom.

At this point in our lives, I think it is ALL about having fun and enjoying those moments with friends.

Lloyd.

(p.s.: I don't think we're going to get sponsored any day soon, except maybe by our wives/loved ones.)

DKWRACER

Hi Jon, at this point, I would luv to be on a Husky 250. But my heart is in a Penton, and I am picking up a new 250 this w/e....Tuned into the radio waves I heard these lyrics:

I don't hang around that place no more
I'm tired of wearing circles in the floor
And I don't carry myself very well
I've gotten so much braver
Can you tell

I'm happy
Can't you see
I'm alright
But I miss you Amber Lee

And I line my secrets up all one by one
I put 'em all away when I was done
And I would really love to hear your voice sometime
To close a little distance in my mind

I'm happy
Can't you see
I'm alright
But I miss you Amber Lee
Amber Lee

Where have you been all these years
And how could you just disappear
And when did you stop
Missing me

Thanks for the offer, I can't do that right now.....

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

tomale

Tom, way to go, It certainly is about having fun...
I have not had much chance to race my Penton as of late but this coming weekend, I will take it out of mothballs to race it at none other that washougal... We have the whole race track for two whole days of racing. It should be, dare I say it? Fun!!!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W