need a 64mm piston

Started by dave, October 17, 2001, 10:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave

I had asked you guys a couple weeks ago for help in finding a piston for my 76 penton 175. [64mm] I found one and bought it and when it came it was a 71.25mm piston.So here I am again in need of a piston. A few people had emailed me with possible leads unfortunately I cant find an address on them? If anybody can help I would be very greatfull.

watto450

Dave , I know a guy here in Australia who was the importer for KTM/Penton. I have seen a load of 175 piston assemblies on his shelves. I will check with him to see if he has any 64mm pistons.

watto450

Dave , I know a guy here in Australia who was the importer for KTM/Penton. I have seen a load of 175 piston assemblies on his shelves. I will check with him to see if he has any 64mm pistons.

grandpaul

Dave, does the original piston have a stamping on top - .040 or .080? This indicates an overbore replacement piston. Check for what the original was and make sure to specify that. Did you get your money back for the wrong part?

GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at //www.delphi.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at //www.delphi.com/grandpaul
GrandPaul,
Host of the Vintage Bikes forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/oldbikes and the Triumph Bonnevilles Forum at http://forums.delphiforums.com/grandpaul

watto450

dave, I have spoken to the guy with the pistons. He has in stock 63.50mm which is Standard bore size, 63.75 which is 1st over, 64.00 which is 2nd over and 64.25 which is 3rd over. pistons are complete , that is with wrist pin rings etc . He tinks he also has gaskets kits and spare rings as well. If you want to get in touch with me I can give you his contact details.

Mike Lenz

Dave, Make sure your moter is a 76 because they changed the pistons in 77.  71.25 is a first over 250 piston.

Mike Lenz

I forgot, Al Buehner may have a 64mm yet.

dave

watto hey that sounds great! I only need a 64mm The motor has been bored over once so the one thats in it is a 63.75 and the man doing the motor just told me the 64mm is exactly what I need.you can email me @ [email protected]  with any contact info. Thanks to all of you for your help in this matter, its nice to know that people still help others.