74.5 Jackpiner project Forsale, S.E. Michigan

Started by rob w, June 22, 2007, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

1974 1/2 Penton Jackpiner parts bike / project, forsale. Michigan

I'm helping a gentleman post his ad. He had difficulty registering to the site, and just wants it gone from his garage.

I'm just the messenger here. We've talked on the phone, and this is what he has told me about the bike.

Engine ran - bike was taken apart to repaint - never got any further -almost complete , missing gas tank and seat.
$600 or best offer. No shipping.

Keith Blake
Birmingham, MI.
H-248-540-3655 leave message
[email protected]

I've got enough projects of my own, and will soon be offering a couple bikes forsale myself.
Bob W

woodchuck

Bob, any chance you could deliver it to Mid Ohio?
If so. I'd be interested.

Thanks,

Chuck P

chicagojerry

hi bob and keith. i'm interested in it. i just called the # listed and left a message. is there a email address that i can correspond with to request a picture? i can come get it since it said no shipping. thanks, chi jer

woodchuck

I'm still interested and would like some sort of reply before you sell it to Chicago Jerry.
If you're not coming to Mid Ohio, I can arrange to have it picked up.

Thanks,

Chuck P
[email protected]

chicagojerry

hey chuck, if you want to purchase it,i can probably pick it up for you and bring it to mid-ohio. its a bit of a drive (about 2 hours each way) but i should be able squeeze it in before VMD. been out of town for the last couple of days so i've been out of the communication loop.     chi jer

woodchuck

Jer, that's really helpful/understanding of you.
I was about to let it go, as I didn't want to cause any hard feelings.
I've been traveling myself and haven't had much time for anything the last five days.
I will call him this evening and see if I can put a deal together.
If you do end up picking it up, I insist on paying for the gas, it's the least I can do.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

chicagojerry

chuck, call me on my cell phone 440 213 5146.   i may have some info for you..   chi jer

woodchuck

I have purchased this bike from Keith.

Rob, thanks for your help; and special thanks to Chicago Jer, who's going to pick it up and deliver to Mid Ohio for me.

It will live out it's days next to a 250 and a 400 relative, once restored.

Thanks,

Chuck Purinton

Rain Man

Now Chuck, I've never known you to ride a small bore Penton,[:0] OH what are you gonna do with this JP?  Get it stuck in the swamps of Florida ?? Probablyn bog down in the sands too !!
 Maybe you should  bring it back to your  routes here in Maine ;)

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

woodchuck

Actually my first Penton was a 175 Jackpiner.
After riding 250 Harescramblers for a couple of years, I went back to a 175 Jackpiner in 1975, the year we sold the shop.
That 175 with the forward mounted shocks and the longer forks was the best al-round Penton I ever rode.......!
By the way, there is nothing I'd rather do than bring it to Maine and ride a few of the ,"Old trails" with some of the ,"Old guys".
I recently built a single bike rack that hangs on the trailer hitch; perhaps next time we come to Mine to see my Mom..........?
We'll have to discuss at VMD.

CAP