Funeral For Richard Sanders

Started by firstturn, May 29, 2007, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

As I promised here are the details on the Funeral for Richard.

Viewing will be on Wednesday May 30 from 6 till 9 PM.
Funeral will be at 2 PM Thrusday May 31 at 2 PM.

Below is the funeral home information for anyone needing it.  Thanks for you Prayers, nice emails and phone calls I have received.  Richard and I were Friends for many years and he did a lot to help a lot of people....he was a giver not a taker.

Heights Funeral Home
1317 Heights Blvd
Houston, TX 77008

(713) 862-8844

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Just to update the people that didn't get to attend Richard's Funeral, I thought I would make a final post.  It was a very nice Funeral with a lot of old Racers, Richard's past and Present Employees and some of the Long Time Customers that were part of the life line to Richard's success.  They had time set aside for anyone to get up and tell stories about Richard.  It was a Joyous/Sad time, but it was good and I know Richard would be proud to see the people that were abe to make the visit in his Honor.  I think I will close in telling the story that one of Richard's Store Managers told. He said if Richard were alive and knew that they were closing the store he would say "you are closing the store for who's Funeral?".  Needless to say Richard was very good to his Employees and the stories showed their love for this guy who was Bigger Than Life.

Godspeed Richard and Goodbye my Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Thanks Ron, for all you do... My goal in life is to live so well and love so much that there will be standing room only at my memorial service. sounds like Richard had the same goal...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (finished project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W