penton 400 compression release

Started by rraypo, June 04, 2007, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rraypo

Help!  Either I'm getting older or my 400 MC-5 is getting harder to start, (yes, I am like 48 now, LOL).  Mine has never had a compression release installed , but it is all set up for it, drilled and tapped.  
Does anyone out there have one that I might be able to get my hands on?  It looks pretty smallish to me, not like the usual ones at all. It's like about a 12mm x 1.75 course thread and fitting into an almost blind hole on the right side of the cyl.  Thanks, Ray up here in Oregon.   [email protected]

BMW R1150RS, BMW R100GS, Ducati 900 SS-SP, 74' Penton/KTM 400, Suzuki DR 350, Honda CYB 77, Honda CA 72
BMW R1150RS, BMW R100GS, Ducati 900 SS-SP, 74\\\' Penton/KTM 400, Suzuki DR 350, Honda CYB 77, Honda CA 72

Rain Man

Hi Ray,   When all else fails, lay the big bore down on its side with the petcocks on and flood the thing. works every time on my 400.
 Good luck finding the compression release !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

Oh BTW Ray, Seems like the POG hospitality officer musta quit or ran off with the secr... anywho[}:)]  welcome to the Penton Owners Group website !!  Enjoy, and most of all
 Happy trails

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DKWRACER

Ray, I think I have one, Tom....
Thomas Brosius

rd400pi

Poggers,
  I think there are a few folks looking for the mythical compression release.  Tom, does it look like something that can be copied by an enthusiastic machine shop?  Thanks.

Mike H.

DKWRACER

Hi Mike, I do have two OEM's that are mounted on runners....the spares that I located won't work on a 400....If anyone finds a machinist, I can pull one off etc.....

Adios, Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

rraypo

Hi, thanks for the replies.  Any chance of seeing a photo or two of what the original one even looked like?  Thanks, Ray

Quotequote:Originally posted by DKWRACER

Hi Mike, I do have two OEM's that are mounted on runners....the spares that I located won't work on a 400....If anyone finds a machinist, I can pull one off etc.....

Adios, Tom Brosius

BMW R1150RS, BMW R100GS, Ducati 900 SS-SP, 74' Penton/KTM 400, Suzuki DR 350, Honda CYB 77, Honda CA 72
BMW R1150RS, BMW R100GS, Ducati 900 SS-SP, 74\\\' Penton/KTM 400, Suzuki DR 350, Honda CYB 77, Honda CA 72

t20sl

Tom:  Can you email me a couple of photos, I know someone who migth be interested in making a few?  Ted  [email protected]