Mid-Ohio vintage bike days - Lodging?

Started by Ernie Phillips, May 02, 2007, 03:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

Never been to Mid-Ohio and want to go this year. Looking for recommendations for motels near by.  Also considering camping but might just be to hot - July!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

chicagojerry

ernie, i live about an hour north but i can't bear to not camp there. come look me up. i'll be very close to diamond don and the rest of the texas wrecking crew in the motocross pits. look for the texas flag flying or just look for the biggest party.:D there should be quite the feast and good times. there are motels near by and even up to mansfield is not that far but i would stay at the track. there are good shower facilities there too.   [8D]  chicago jerry

pakala

EP,
 Camping is the best. Two years ago my brother and I flew in and rented a minivan, got some cheap camping gear at Walmart,pulled the seats out of the van, and slept in the van. Kind of like a Gratefull Dead Concert for motorcycle....
  Lots to do even without a bike.Great flattrack racing on one of the nights.Big oval big speed!!. Swapmeet takes about two days to go through completey.
 Hopefully I will see you there this year.
               Paul(socal)

Ernie Phillips

Jerry / Paul,

That settles it -- We'll be Camping Out!  See you there.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Rain Man

Ernie, the AMA recommends motel 42 on Rt 42, within 5 miles of the festivities. Its cheap, quiet, and if your like the rest of us, you may even sleep  !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

cubfan1968

The camping is an absolute blast but get there about mid day Thursday to get a good spot. You'll meet alot of great folks.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Mick Milakovic

The best method of camping, for me at least, is to sign up to race one of the events.  That used to cost $35, I think it's $40 now, but with that you get two free weekend passes, a third pass for an additional $10, and free camping in the pits.  Works for me! :D

Mick

Ernie Phillips

Experienced VMD'ers - I'm signed up to race.  Can I get in on Thursday to get a good camping spot?  What time do the gates open?  thanks,

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Mick Milakovic

Hi Ernie, Thursday is great, just get there before the ticket office closes!  About 6pm, I think.

Mick