Fender options

Started by V1346, July 06, 2007, 07:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V1346

Any suggestions on where to get plastic fenders for my 69 ISDT?  I have a new undrilled front aluminum fender and I want to leave it that way.  My rear fender is original aluminum and is a bit rough.  My plans for the bike make plastic the best option.  But I need part numbers and source if possible

Thanks,
Bill

Kip Kern

Bill

Acerbis makes the best modern replacement fender for vintage use.  Chaparral sells them.  "Vintage trials" is the name and they work and look excellent also on the Penton Wassell trials bikes. CIAO

V1346

jon

DC plastic makes some nice Penton/KTM and Preston Petty replicas.

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by V1346

http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/fender-pair-lightweight-alloy-front-rear-save-p-6751.html

Hmmmmm, I wonder.

GO FOR IT.  A very good choice for a 1969 bike.  Bikes that early deserve alloy fenders as they didn't even have plastic fenders till about 1971 or 72.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

linglewn

I have used the Royal Enfields and they work great. All you have to do is polish them and cut them to length.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

Ron

I have the Royal Enfield fenders on my 72 Six Day 125. They polish up pretty easy and look sharp.
Only one minor objection. The fender is radiused to sit down on the 21" front wheel. When its mounted up under the triple clamp, you'll notice the difference, but only if your looking for it. Most people don't see it until you point it out.
RonW

V1346

Since I have a NOS front fender the mis-match radius is not a problem.  I'll be calling my local Royal Enfield dealer tomorrow to see if they have the rear fender in stock.  Thanks for verifying the Enfield fender will work, the bike is coming together nicely.  

My rear fender was cracked where the tail light mounted.  Is there a way to reinforce this point?  Maybe double up with some thicker aluminum flat stock and rubber washers?