Mid-O VMX track & race format

Started by Ernie Phillips, July 24, 2007, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie Phillips

To those who have raced this event before:
1.  How many motos & how many laps? (this old man needs to know)
2.  What is the track like - grass, sand, hardpack, jumps ...

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

rob w

Ernie,

2 motos, probably 5 laps.

Typical starting gate. 1st turn 160 degress to the left. Mostly hardpack, some rocks, not much for jumps, maybe 3 long straights. Some flat corners, some slightly rutted, multi-line corners. A few short up-and-down mounds.

Recap: Flat, hard, rocky roost from 500's.

Some of the above, subject to change depending on weather. :-)

Bob
61g

bentrims

To give my spin Ernie;

Very non technical, too easy and fast. If a lesser rider is going to mess with a seasoned rider this is the place.

Ernie Phillips

Thanks guys.  Hardpack, non technical ... I can do that.  Gives me something to ponder as I drive the 500 or so miles to Mid-O.  The bikes are loaded, most of the gear packed.  I'm almost ready to blast off.

The race schedule has a gate 1 & 2.  Are these going to be staggered starts?  (Typical gate - all I know is the ol' rubber band)

Drive safe and see you at the races.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

bentrims

Last I was there it had the old rubber band which makes the races more period correct. After gate 1 launches away from the start with no riders down, gate 2 takes off about 30-45 seconds later.
Have a safe trip Ernie!
Tom B

pketchum

They had drop-down metal gates with a dirt launch ramp last year.

Phil

Quotequote:Originally posted by bentrims

Last I was there it had the old rubber band which makes the races more period correct. After gate 1 launches away from the start with no riders down, gate 2 takes off about 30-45 seconds later.
Have a safe trip Ernie!
Tom B
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka